Advanced Safer People Moving & Handling Training 2 Day
This advanced safer people handling training course aims to help reduce the risk on injury to both staff members and the services user. The course will identify best practice and correct technique.
This extended 2 day course is ideal for those who wish to offer their staff a more thorough training session and follows the guidelines as set out in the All Wales Passport for Moving & Handling.
Advanced Safer People Handling Training Course Summary
- Awareness of Legislation including Health and Safety at Work Act, PUWER, LOLER, Manual Handling Regulations Operations (1992)
- Duties and Responsibilities of Employer and Employee
- Anatomy of Spine
- Risk Assessment using safe principles T.I.L.E.E
- Reducing risk and removing hazards
- Understanding R.I.D.D.O.R
- Safe use of correct equipment
- Knowledge of dangerous moves
- Ability Test
- Chair Moves to stand and chair to chair transfer
- Slings – inserting whilst in bed/in a wheelchair
- Hoist – bed to chair transfer
On completion delegates will be able to confidently demonstrate correct techniques and best practice for safer people moving and handling.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 12 hours over 2 consecutive days
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.