Bereavement and Loss Training
This bereavement and loss training course is aimed at all care staff and aims to help them understand how to effectively respond to the needs of a dying person. This is a key skill, working with dying people and managing and coping with loss will be difficult. The course will help prepare staff to work in a supportive and sensitive way resulting in a better quality of care being given.
Bereavement and loss Training Course Summary
- The stages of dying
- Dealing with change
- Cultural awareness and adopting a non-judgmental approach
- The path way to a good death
- Duty of care and maintaining privacy, dignity and respect
- Managing the environment
- Family and visitors and coping with loss
- Record keeping of questions and best practice responses
- Maintaining attitude and behaviour
On completion delegates will be better prepared for working with dying people, understanding the sensitivities and the need to be supportive and understanding throughout.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.