Blood Glucose Monitoring Training
This blood glucose monitoring training course is aimed at staff responsible for the monitoring and welfare of service using with hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia (high & low) blood sugar levels
Blood Glucose Monitoring Training Course Summary
- What is the difference between blood glucose & blood sugar levels?
- How to identify the signs and symptoms
- What is the definition of a normal and excessive blood glucose level?
- Why is it important that glucose levels are monitored and controlled?
- How do we test?
- When do we test?
- What’s a HbA1c test and what does it mean?
- Complications caused by diabtetes
- How to help manage irregular blood glucose levels
- Legal requirements and legislation
- Practical session on taking blood sugar levels
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate much improved awareness of the blood glucose monitoring, the importance and the complications casued.
Delegates will feel more confident in their own ability to take the reading and demonstrate an improved ability to identify issues and irregularities.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.