This cannulation training course is aimed at nurses, health care assistants and other health care professionals wishing to undertake this skill within their clinical duties.
This course will help you identify a vein and which ones are associated with cannulation.
Cannulation Training Course Summary
- What is a vein and their structure
- Identify the veins associated with cannulation
- Characteristics of a good and bad vein
- Patient status that may affect undertaking the procedure
- Adverse reactions to the procedure
- Understanding of how to deal with sharps injuries
- Correct technique for hand hygiene
- Principles of aseptic non-touch techniques
- Understanding of universal precautions associated with cannulisation
- Professional accountability and implications to practice
Where Do You Deliver The Cannulation Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands if you don’t have access to a training room. We are also able to deliver theory only sessions virtually using Zoom.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates, we also offer open courses for individuals which can be booked below if available.
Who Is This Cannulation Training For?
This training is for anyone working within the health and social care sector.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3-6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will receive a certificate of attendance valid for a period of 1 year