The Care Certificate Assessor Award
This Care Certificate assessor training course is aimed at members of staff who are going to be responsible for the observing and assessing of other members of staff.
The course will teach staff best practice on how to assess others and gather good quality and relevant information as well as familiarise them with the Care Certificate workbooks and assessors documents.
Care Certificate Assessor Training Course Summary
- What is the care certificate?
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment
- Use a range of assessment methods
- Adapting to learners:
-Individual learning styles
-Previous experience good/bad
- Plan Care Certificate assessments and make consistent assessment decisions
- Involve employees and others in assessment of the Care Certificate
- Manage information and gather auditable evidence, information relating to assessment. Making information available to learners.
- Understand quality assurance How to judge the authenticity and currency of evidence and what to do when there is doubt of the assessment process
- Understand legal and good practice requirements relation to assessment – storage, data protection, confidentiality
- The value and purpose of continuing professional development for assessment practitioners
- Factors to consider when providing feedback to learners
- Cross referencing assessments for different standard
On completion delegates will be able to confidently utilise the skills taught to observe, assess and evaluate staff.
They will have learned effective evidence gathering and how to build up a robust, good standard portfolio in line with what is expected.
Delegates will also be familiarised with the skills for care assessment workbooks and fully understand what is required of them in relation to the assessing and observation of staff.
We will also provide delegates with our handy assessment pack – built specifically for the care certificate it make cross referencing, tracking progress and sign off much easier!
DURATIONThis training course last for approximately 12 hours, run over 2 consecutive days.
CERTIFICATIONOn completion delegates will be issued with certificates of attendance.
Book Onto Our Care Certificate Assessors Award Open Courses[administrate_course course="CFC-46" show_code="true"]