Epilepsy Medication Training
This epilepsy medication training course is aimed at staff responsible for the care of individuals with epilepsy and in particular the handling of the associated medication.
The course will provide an awareness of epilepsy covering the various types of seizures.
Epilepsy Medication Training Course Summary
- Definition epilepsy
- Various types of siezures
- Classification and management of seizures
- Ethical and legal responsibilities
- Recognising triggers and precipitants
- Person centred care
- Documentationa and record keeping
- The impact of rescue medication and anti-epileptic drug therapy
- escue medication administration and effects
- Emergency care plan and when to call an ambulance
- Risk assessment/promotion of safeguarding and dignity
- Epilepsy medication demonstration
On completion delegates will be able to confidently demonstrate a much improved awareness of epilepsy.
Delegates will understand the different types of siezures and best practice of supporting the service user.
Delegates will demonstrate a much improved awareness of the rescue medication administration techniques.
DURATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.