Eye Drop Training
This eye drop training will equip your staff with the theoretical and practical skills to safely administer eye drops to patients who require them.
The course underpins the importance of the 7 Rs during any administration.
Eye Drop Training Course Summary
- Describe the function of the eyes
- Know and identify key anatomy of the eyes
- List and identify different conditions which can affect the eyes
- Explain the different treatments for eye conditions
- List the different side effects of eye medication
- Know the importance of the 7 R’s in medicine administration
- Administer eye drops competently
- Explain their roles and responsibilities when administering eye drops
- Show their understanding of the importance of gaining consent for the administration of eye drops
- Describe why good record keeping is essential.
Where Do You Deliver The Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates.
Who Is This Training For?
This training is for anyone working with individuals who require eye drops.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert tutors, these all have first hand experience with the sector, many of which are Nurses or Doctors – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 2 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will receive a certificate of attendance, valid for 1 year.