Infection Control Train The Trainer
This infection control train the trainer course is ideal for those looking to start teaching infection prevention and control techniques to care staff.
Infection Control Train the Trainer Course Summary
The course is run over 2 days, you will learn about the subject content for infection control and how to teach and assess the following key areas:
- Definition of infection control
- Infection and cross infection
- Differences between bacterial and viral infections
- Correct hand washing techniques
- Risk assessing and reducing risk
- Documentation and record keeping
- Legal responsibilities
- Needles & sharps
- Practical exercises
Note: A prior knowledge of infection control is required before enrolling on this course.
Once completed you will be able to teach infection prevention and control training courses.
You will be assessed throughout the three days on your ability to present and teach.
- On completion you will be aware of your role and responsibility as a teacher
- Be able to build basic lesson plans and training sessions
- Have insight into different learning needs and styles
- Understand the importance of documenting key records
- Know how to prepare a learning environment
- Be able to identify a range of assessment methods
The instructors we provide are teaching infection prevention and control courses to front line care staff on a regular basis so you are getting the most relevent, up to date course content and instruction we can offer.
DURATIONThis course lasts 12 hours over 2 days
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of completion valid for a period of 3 years.
Please find our full list of open courses available for you to book onto.
Click the links below for more information on our venues
- Virtual Classroom
We are taking every precaution to keep delegates safe during COVID19. Social distancing will be in effect with reduced class numbers.
Hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and spray, aprons, gloves and face-shields will all be provided – we only ask you bring a mask and a focussed attitude ready to learn.
See you all soon.
If using a mobile device please scroll to the right to book >>>
Please wait, loading course dates...