Infection Control Train The Trainer
This infection control train the trainer course is ideal for those looking to start teaching infection prevention and control techniques to care staff.
Infection Control Train the Trainer Course Summary
The course is run over 3 days, you will learn about the subject content for infection control and how to teach and assess the following key areas:
- Definition of infection control
- Infection and cross infection
- Differences between bacterial and viral infections
- Correct hand washing techniques
- Risk assessing and reducing risk
- Documentation and record keeping
- Legal responsibilites
- Needles & sharps
- Practical exercises
Once completed you will be able to teach infection prevention and control training courses.
Our tutor will teach all the required subject knowledge with the group, you will then build your own presentations, lesson plans and activities for you to present and teach on the final day.
You will be assessed throughout the three days on your ability to present and teach.
- On completion you will be aware of your role and responsibility as a teacher
- Be able to build basic lesson plans and training sessions
- Have insight into different learning needs and styles
- Understand the importance of documenting key records
- Know how to prepare a learning environment
- Be able to identify a range of assessment methods
The instructors we provide are teaching infection prevention and control courses to front line care staff on a regular basis so you are getting the most relevent, up to date course content and instruction we can offer.
In addition we will supply each delegate a basic powerpoint presentation template.
A full infection control train the trainer USB pack can be purchased at a cost of £39 each, included in this is a training record template, feedback form template, register template, class handouts, question sheet templates and a certificate template.
DURATIONThis course lasts 18 hours over 3 days
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of completion valid for a period of 3 years.