Infection Control Training
This infection control training course aims to help reduce the risk of spreading disease and infection in a care environment
This is a mandatory requirement for anyone working within the care industry.
Cross infection and contamination can be controlled and the risk reduced through adopting best practice technique which we aim to teach during this course.
Infection Control Training Course Summary
- The meaning and importance of infection control
- Legislation and management of infection control in the UK
- Practising infection control
- Universal precautions
- Infection and its causes
- How infection spreads
- How to fight infection
- Making and breaking the chain of infection
- MRSA and C Diff
- Personal health and hygiene, including hand washing techniques
- Keeping a clean working environment. Identify when and how infection can be transmitted through the chain of infection
- Identify the importance of hand washing
- Discuss when and how to wash hands
- Understand the importance of standard and universal precautions
- Aware of waste disposal issues
Where Do You Deliver The Infection Control Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands and London. We are also able to deliver theory only sessions virtually using Zoom.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the Infection Control training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates, we also offer open courses for individuals which can be booked below if available.
Who Is This Infection Control Training For?
This training is for anyone working within the health and social care sector.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, most of these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of healthcare, clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.