Medication Management Level 3 Training
This Medication Management Level 3 training course is aimed senior nurses who’s role includes the ordering and supply of medication, or nurses who are about to take that on this additional responsibility.
Delegates need to be trained at Level 2 before they can undertake this course.
Medication Management Level 3 Training Course Summary
During Part One of this course participants will explore best practice
guidelines in the management of medicines e.g. OFSTED (2013), NICE (2014)
and RPS (2018) to include:
- ordering and supply of medication
- the process of “transcription” and “reconciliation”
- the storage, recording and disposal of medication and
- dealing with drug administration errors.
During Part Two of this course participants will explore best practice guidelines in the administration of medicines e.g. NICE (2014) and RPS (2018) to include:
- the 7 Rs of medication
- prescribing via telephone
- as and when required medication
- administration controlled drugs
- covert administration medicines
- homely remedies
- self – medication.
At the end of this course delegates will have a much improved understanding of their responsibilites around the order and supply of medication.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.