Mental Capacity Act and DoLS For Managers Training
This Mental Capacity Act and DoLS for managers training course aims to provide delegates with a clear understanding of their responsibilities as managers in relation to Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (DOLS).
The training will also explain the Mental Capacity Act’s implementation through the industry.
- Introduction and explanation.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Awareness of MCA and DOLS.
- Lawful and unlawful deprivation.
- Awareness of Best Interest Decisions.
- Understand how the MCA and DOLS impact and provide support for those with learning disabilities and mental health conditions.
On completion delegates will have a significantly greater understanding of their legal requirements when issuing a DoLS.
Delegates will understand what constitutes a lawful deprivation and what is unlawful.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.