Mental Capacity Act & DoLS Training
This Mental Capacity Act & DoLS training course is aimed at anyone working with or with a duty of care for vulnerable adults. The course will teach delegates what is meant by mental capacity and the five core principles of the Act.
The course is suitable for all levels of care staff.
Mental Capacity Act & DoLS Training Course Summary:
- Define and discuss what the term mental capacity means
- Discuss and state who is affected by the Act and how consent is gained
- Discuss and evaluate the five core principles of the Act
- Discuss how mental capacity is assessed
- Discuss the role of the Court of Protection
- Define the term Deprivation of Liberty
- Discuss Safeguards including risk assessments
- Discuss the assessment and authorisation process under Deprivation of Liberty
On completion delegates will be able to confidently define mental capacity.
Delegates will have an understanding of the five core principles of the act and will understand how mental capacity can be assessed.
Delegates will be able to define deprivation of liberty and undertand the assessment and authorisation process.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.