Mental Capacity Act & DoLS Training
This Mental Capacity Act & DoLS training course is aimed at people who have a duty of care towards vulnerable adults.
The course will teach delegates what is meant by mental capacity and the five core principles of the Act.
The course is suitable for all levels of care staff.
Mental Capacity Act & DoLS Training Course Summary:
- Define and discuss what the term mental capacity means
- Discuss and state who is affected by the Act and how consent is gained
- Discuss and evaluate the five core principles of the Act
- Discuss how mental capacity is assessed
- Discuss the role of the Court of Protection
- Define the term Deprivation of Liberty
- Discuss Safeguards including risk assessments
- Discuss the assessment and authorisation process under Deprivation of Liberty
Where Do You Deliver The Mental Capacity Act & DoLS Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands if you don’t have access to a training room. We are also able to deliver theory only sessions virtually using Zoom.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the mental capacity act & DoLS training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates.
Who Is This Mental Capacity Act & DoLS Training For?
This training is for anyone working within the health and social care sector.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert tutors, these are eall care workers with an abundance of first hand care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.