Nutrition & Hydration Awareness
This nutrition and hydration awareness training course aims to raise awareness of best practice in relation to healthy living and nutrition. It will address mealtime issues carers may face and how to solve them. It will cover vitamin content of food and the staffs responsibilities for maintaining the service users fluid intake.
Nutrition & Hydration Awareness Training Course Summary
In brief, the course will cover the following:
- Introduction to healthy eating and poor nutrition
- Meal time problems and how to problem solve
- Healthy eating recommendations and different dietary requirements and conditions
- The function of vitamins and problems caused by deficiency
- Signs and symptoms of dehydration
- Best practice and CQC guidelines
After attending this course delegates will be able to demonstrate a much improved knowledge and awareness of the requirements for good nutrition and hydration, how to spot the early signs and what to do what it has been identified as well as how to problem solve common meal time issues within a care environment.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.