PEG Feeding Training
This PEG feeding training course aims to familiarise students with the reason and methods of PEG Feeding (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy). A vital course for any staff who come into contact regularly with service users who utilise a PEG.
Our PEG feeding training will raise awareness and familiarise staff with the various types of PEG feeding and medication administration techniques including the use of machines, ensuring staff have sufficient knowledge to work safely with them.
Please note: This PEG Feeding training course includes a practical session – we will supply a PEG machine and all associated equipment for staff to use, however if you have a specific machine you require training on you will need to provide access to it for the duration of the training course.
PEG Feeding Training Course Summary
- The purpose of PEG feeding
- Conditions which may require a PEG
- Indications and contra indications of PEG
- The procedures for feeding and administering medications via PEG
- Recognising, dealing with and reporting complications
- The care and maintenance of enteral feeding tubes
- Procedures for effective mouth care
- Documentation and record keeping
- Practical session
- Competency framework & training record sign off (on 6 hour version only)
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate much improved awareness of PEG feeding and medication administration.
Delegates will understand the common causes of requiring a PEG and how to safely and effectively care for those who have one.
Delegates will also be to confidently handle the PEG machines and associated tubing and administering feed.
DURATIONThis course lasts 3 or 6 hours
CERTIFICATIONThe certificate issued depends on which course is attended.