Safer People Moving & Handling Train the Trainer
This safer people moving & handling train the trainer course is ideal for those who are looking to start teaching safer people/patient moving & handling or anyone looking to refresh their own teaching skills and course content.
If you are already a qualified safer people moving & handling train the trainer please click here to book onto our update course.
People Moving & Handling Train the Trainer Course Summary
The course is run over 2 days you will learn about and how to teach and assess the following key areas:
- PUWER, LOLER and the Manual Handling Regulations Operations (1992)
- The anatomy of the spine
- How to risk assess using E.L.I.T.E safe principles
- The importance of reducing risk and removing hazards
- Correct understanding of R.I.D.D.O.R
- How to choose and use the correct equipment safely
- Condemned and dangerous moves
- Practical skills – Chair moves, slings, slide sheets and hoisting
IMPORTANT: Delegates MUST have prior knowledge of this subject before attending this course.
Once completed you will be able to teach safer people moving and handling lessons confidently and comfortably using the skills you have learnt throughout our class.
Further support and advice will be available once the class has finished, details of the support system will be handed to trainers once the course is completed.
Our tutor will teach all the required subject knowledge with the group, you will then build your own presentations, lesson plans and activities for you to present and teach on the final day.
Our training room has all the manual handling equipment required to conduct any exercises.
You will be assessed throughout the two days on your ability to present, teach and use the practical equipment safely.
- On completion you will be aware of your role and responsibility as a teacher
- Be able to build lesson plans and training sessions
- Have insight into different learning needs and styles
- Understand the importance of documenting key records
- Know how to prepare a learning environment
- Be able to identify a range of assessment methods
The instructors we provide are teaching safer people moving & handling courses to front line care staff on a regular basis so you are getting the most relevant, up to date course content and instruction we can offer.
All classes are currently held at our training room in Stoke on Trent, just off the M6.
Bookings can be made online easily below, if you require any assistance or for more information on this course please call 01782 563333.
We can also provide in house group bookings, please call today for a quote.
DURATIONThis course lasts 12 hours over 2 days
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of completion valid for a period of 3 years.
Please find our full list of open courses available for you to book onto.
Click the links below for more information on our venues
- Stoke on Trent
- Virtual Classroom
We are taking every precaution to keep delegates safe during COVID19. Social distancing will be in effect with reduced class numbers.
Hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and spray, aprons, gloves and face-shields will all be provided – we only ask you bring a mask and a focussed attitude ready to learn.
See you all soon.
If using a mobile device please scroll to the right to book >>>
Please wait, loading course dates...