Positive Behaviour & Breakaway For Schools Training
Our positive behaviour & breakaway training for schools training has been specifically designed to ensure safe working of front line staff.
The course is suitable for a variety of services such as:
- Secondary School
- Primary Schools
- Children’s Hospitals
The courses are theory and practical base and can accommodate up to 10 delegates per day.
The course will equip delegates to safely and effectively manage challenging behaviour and aggression within an education environment.
Training Course Summary
- Definitions of challenging behaviour
- Continuum of aggression
- The cause of challenging behaviour
- The triggers and build up of anxiety
- How to manage challenging behaviour and positive behaviour management
- Communication skills covering both verbal and non verbal
- Planning, help and support systems
- How to resolve conflict and de-escalate situations
- Legal frameworks
- Understand the causes and build up of an attack
- Actions to avoid being restrained or attacked
- Safely disengage from being held
- Safely disengage another person from being held
- Avoid and defend kicks and punches
- Post incident actions
- Record keeping and de-briefing
If additional holding or restraint techniques are required then the course will run over 2 days.
If you need some guidance on what additional content should be covered please get in touch either by using the contact form on the right or calling the office on 01782 563333.
Where Do You Deliver The Positive Behaviour & Breakaway For Schools Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands and London. We are also able to deliver theory only sessions virtually using Zoom.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the Positive Behaviour & Breakaway For Schools training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates, we also offer open courses for individuals which can be booked below if available.
Who Is This Positive Behaviour & Breakaway For Schools Training For?
This training is for anyone working within the health and social care sector.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of completion valid for a period of 2 years.