Positive Handling Training
Our positive handling training for schools has been specifically designed to ensure safe working of front line staff.
The course is suitable for a variety of services such as:
- Secondary School
- Primary Schools
- Children’s Hospitals
The courses are theory and practical and can accomodate up to 10 delegates per day.
The course will equip delegates to safely and effectively manage challenging behaviour and aggression within an education environment.
Positive Handling Training Course Summary
- Definitions of challenging behaviour
- Continuum of aggression
- The cause of challenging behaviour
- The triggers and build up of anxiety
- How to manage challenging behaviour and positive behaviour management
- Communication skills covering both verbal and non verbal
- Planning, help and support systems
- How to resolve conflict and de-escalate situations
- Legal frameworks
- Understand the causes and build up of an attack
- Actions to avoid being restrained or attacked
- Safely disengage from being held
- Safely disegage another person from being held
- Avoid and defend kicks and punches
- Post incident actions
- Record keeping and de-briefing
If additional holding techniques are required then the course will run over 2 days.
If you need some guidance on what additional content should be covered please get in touch either by using the contact form on the right or calling the office on 01782 563333.
On completion delegates will understand the important of communication and the importance of de-escalationg situations before intervention is required.
Delegates have an understanding of the legal frameworks they need to work within when dealing with challenging and aggressive behaviour.
Delegates will have knowledge of how to disengage from holding and how to defend from kicks and punches.
Delegates will understand the importance of documentation and record keeping and correct debriefing of situations
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of completion valid for a period of 2 years.