Pressure Sore Prevention Training
This pressure sore prevention training aims to reduce pressure ulcers in a care environment through training delegates on how and why pressure ulcers form, and what their role and responsibility is in helping to prevent them.
Pressure Sore Prevention Training Course Summary
- Understanding skin
- What is a pressure sore
- How do pressure sores occur?
- Pressure sores v incontinence dermatitis
- The different grades of pressure sores
- How can we prevent pressure sores?
- Pressure ulcer dressings, aids and correct use of equipment
- Documentation and record keeping
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate much improved awareness of pressure sores and understand how they can help positively impact the service users lives. They will be able to identify the function of the different layers of skin, highlight how and why pressure sores form, understand how they can prevent them and have a better understanding of the dressings, aids and equipment use.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.