Respiratory Care Training
This respiratory care training course is a combined day of the below courses:
- Cough Assist
- Oxygen Therapy
Full details can be found futher down the page.
This course is designed as an update for care professionals who care for individuals with respiratory care needs.
- Definition of ventilation
- Anatomy & physiology
- Reasons for ventilation
- Different types of ventilation
- Non invasive ventilation
- Complication of ventilation and troubleshooting
- Reasons for assisted cough
- Identifying health issues
- Complications of cough assist
- To understand the correct procedure for assisted cough
- Troubleshooting and complications
- Practical session (if unit available)
- What is a nebuliser?
- Who might use a nebuliser?
- Drugs used in nebulisers
- Discuss the indications for providing oxygen therapy
- Understand professional role boundaries
- Describe the adverse effects of oxygen delivery
- To recognise the different oxygen delivery systems
- To identify how to safely administer oxygen
- Describe the specific nursing care
- Documentation of care given
Where Do You Deliver The Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands and London.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates, we also offer open courses for individuals which can be booked below.
Who Is This Training For?
This training is for anyone working with individuals with respiratory care needs.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 4 - 6 hours
CERTIFICATIONDelegate will receive a certificate of attendance, valid for 1 year.