Safeguarding For Managers Training
This safeguarding for managers training course aims to help those at managerial level working within the care sector by ensuring they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to perform their duties.
The course will cover the physical and emotional aspects of management in relation to safeguarding.
The course will also ensure delegates fully understand how to appropriately respond to safeguarding concerns that may be raised with them.
- Introduction and explanation.
- No Secrets Act and safeguarding legislation.
- Understanding the terms ‘safeguarding of adults or children’ and ‘vulnerable adults or children’.
- Rights and responsibilities of vulnerable adults or children.
- Incorporating risk assessment into care plans.
- Health and safety (physical/emotional).
- Importance of confidentiality.
- Identify abuse and the various patterns.
- How to deal with/report suspected abuse.
On completion delegates will have a greater understanding of their roles and responsibilities as a manager in relation to safeguarding.
Delegates will be aware of the appropriate way to respond when safeguarding concerns are raised with them as a manager.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of completion valid for a period of 3 years.