Safer People Moving & Handling Refresher
This safer people handling refresher training course is aimed at people who have already completed a one day safer people handling training course and require an update.
Safer People Handling Refresher Training Course Summary
- Awareness of Legislation including Health and Safety at Work Act, PUWER, LOLER, Manual Handling Regulations Operations (1992)
- Duties and Responsibilities of Employer and Employee
- Anatomy of Spine
- Risk Assessment using safe principles T.I.L.E.E
- Reducing risk and removing hazards
- Understanding R.I.D.D.O.R
- Safe use of correct equipment
- Knowledge of dangerous moves
- Ability Test
- Chair Moves to stand and chair to chair transfer
- Slings – inserting whilst in bed/in a wheelchair
- Hoist – bed to chair transfer
Where Do You Deliver The Safer People Moving & Handling Refresher Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands and London. We are also able to deliver theory only sessions virtually using Zoom.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates, we also offer open courses for individuals which can be booked below if available.
Who Is This Training For?
This training is for anyone working within the health and social care sector.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.