Safer People Moving & Handling Refresher
This safer people handling refresher training course is aimed at people who have already completed a one day safer people handling training course and require an update.
Safer People Handling Refresher Training Course Summary
- Awareness of Legislation including Health and Safety at Work Act, PUWER, LOLER, Manual Handling Regulations Operations (1992)
- Duties and Responsibilities of Employer and Employee
- Anatomy of Spine
- Risk Assessment using safe principles T.I.L.E.E
- Reducing risk and removing hazards
- Understanding R.I.D.D.O.R
- Safe use of correct equipment
- Knowledge of dangerous moves
- Ability Test
- Chair Moves to stand and chair to chair transfer
- Slings – inserting whilst in bed/in a wheelchair
- Hoist – bed to chair transfer
On completion delegates will be able to confidently demonstrate correct techniques and best practice for safer people moving and handling.
On completion delegates will be able to define what abuse is and the role of an alerter, identify different types and indicators of abuse, highlight those who are at high risk of abuse ,recognise workplace problems that contribute to the possibility of abuse, outline what to do in the event of abuse, recording and reporting and identify key articles from the European Human Rights Act.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.
Book onto our Safer People Moving & Handling Refresher Open Courses[administrate_course course="CFC-42" show_code="true"]