Aimed at/suitable for:
This stroke awareness training course is aimed at anyone who is caring for others. This will help them understand and recognise the signs of stoke. This will also teach them what actions to take when a stoke is identified.
Stroke Awareness Training Course Summary
- Have a knowledge of what a stroke is
- Identify different types of stroke
- How to recognise most common signs and symptoms of stroke
- FAST test
- Understand the importance of emergency response and treatment
- Providing support
- Discuss various forms of communication
On completion delegates will have an awareness of what a stroke is, recognise the common signs and symptoms of a stroke and know what action to take. Delegates will be able to identify the different types of stroke and discuss the risk factors. The delegates will be able to understand the importance of emergency response and treatment, be able to provide support and discuss various forms of communication.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.