This suction training is aimed anyone working in a care or nursing environment where suction is required and a machine is available.
Suction Training Summary
- Possible risks of suctioning
- What is suction
- Procedure – plus brief infection control talk
- Who might require suction
- Why suction
- When to suction – noticing changes in residents
- Where to suction – sites and equipment
- Practical session
After attending this course delegates will be able to demonstrate a much improved understanding of the needs for suction, the common complications and actions to take.
Delegates be be able to confidently set up and handle a suction machine and safely and effectively perform suction on a patient.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.