Wound Management Training
This wound management training course is aimed at nurses and advanced care staff.
The course will look at the importance of correctly assessing wounds, the various phases of wound healing and how we as carers and nurses can assist in the healing process.
Wound Management Training Course Summary
- Understand the 3 stages of wound healing
- Identify the different cells involved in the stages of wound healing
- Categories of wound healing
- Principles of wound healing
- Types of wound – chronic / acute
- 4 principles of wound management – TIME concept (Tissue, Infection, Moisture, Edge
- Selecting the appropriate dressing
- Dressing types
On completion delegates will have an improved understanding of wound management.
They will understand the principles of assessment and the phases of healing and how they can influence the process.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.