Wound Management Training
This wound management training course is aimed at nurses and advanced care staff.
The course will look at the importance of correctly assessing wounds, the various phases of wound healing and how we as carers and nurses can assist in the healing process.
Wound Management Training Course Summary
- Understand the 3 stages of wound healing
- Identify the different cells involved in the stages of wound healing
- Categories of wound healing
- Principles of wound healing
- Types of wound – chronic / acute
- 4 principles of wound management – TIME concept (Tissue, Infection, Moisture, Edge
- Selecting the appropriate dressing
- Dressing types
On completion delegates will have an improved understanding of wound management.
They will understand the principles of assessment and the phases of healing and how they can influence the process.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.