Cannulation Training Courses
This cannulation training course is aimed at nurses, health care assistants and other health care professionals wishing to undertake this skill within their clinical duties.
Cannulation Course Summary
- What is a vein and their structure
- Identify the veins associated with cannulation
- Characteristics of a good and bad vein
- Patient status that may affect undertaking the procedure
- Adverse reactions to the procedure
- Understand of how to deal with sharps injuries
- Correct technique for hand hygiene
- Principles of aseptic non-touch techniques
- Understanding of universal precautions associated with cannulisation
- Professional accountability and implications to practice
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate much improved awareness of cannulation and the correct technique.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3-6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONUpon completion delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
Book onto our Cannulation Training Courses Open Courses