Epilpesy with Rescue Medication Training
This epilepsy medication training course is aimed at staff responsible for the care of individuals with epilepsy and in particular the handling of the associated medication.
Epilepsy & Rescue Medication Training Course Summary:
- Definition epilepsy
- Various types of siezures
- Classification and management of seizures
- Ethical and legal responsibilities
- Recognising triggers and precipitants
- Person centred care
- Documentationa and record keeping
- The impact of rescue medication and anti-epileptic drug therapy
- Buccal & rectal rescue medication: what is it, uses in epilepsy, side effects
- Emergency care plan and when to call an ambulance
- Risk assessment/promotion of safeguarding and dignity
- Epilepsy medication demonstration
Epilepsy & Rescue Medication Training Outcomes
On completion delegates will be able to confidently demonstrate a much improved awareness of epilepsy.
Delegates will understand the different types of siezures and best practice of supporting the service user.
Delegates will demonstrate a much improved awareness of buccal and rectal rescue medication and the administration techniques.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.
Book onto our Epilpesy with Rescue Medication Training Open Courses