Learning Disabilities Online Training
Our Learning Disabilities online training course is designed to enable participants to gain a better understanding about learning disabilities. Candidates will have the opportunity to familiarise themselves with what a learning disability is, understanding the different types of learning disabilities and the best approach to dealing with challenging behaviours and learning disabilities.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by The CPD Accreditation Group
- 100% online, learn at your own time and pace
- Translates into over 100 different languages
- Instant certificate downloaded
Who is it for?
This training is suitable for all staff working within Adult Health and Social Care.
When will I get my certificate?
Once you have successfully passed our course you will be able to download and print your certificate immediately.
As this course has been accredited by the CPD Group your certificate will contain the CPD logo and unique reference number.
As I have told others… It is the best, most informative training I have ever attended
- Understanding what a learning disability is.
- What causes a learning disability?
- Diagnosis and learning disability.
- Learning disabilities and other conditions.
- Understanding challenging behaviours.
Module 1: Understanding What a Learning Disability Is
- Defining Learning Disabilities: Explore the concept of learning disabilities and their impact on individuals.
- Types and Variations: Understand the various forms and manifestations of learning disabilities.
Module 2: What Causes a Learning Disability?
- Causes and Factors: Delve into the factors and potential causes behind the development of learning disabilities.
- Early Identification: Learn about the importance of early identification and intervention.
Module 3: Diagnosis and Learning Disability
- The Diagnostic Process: Gain insights into the process of diagnosing learning disabilities.
- Support and Intervention: Understand the role of diagnosis in providing appropriate support and interventions.
Module 4: Learning Disabilities and Other Conditions
- Coexisting Conditions: Explore the relationship between learning disabilities and other developmental and psychological conditions.
- Multidisciplinary Approach: Learn about holistic approaches to addressing multiple conditions.
Module 5: Understanding Challenging Behaviours
- Behavioural Challenges: Analyse the various challenging behaviours that individuals with learning disabilities may exhibit.
- Strategies for Support: Develop effective strategies for understanding and managing challenging behaviours.
Upon completion of this online learning disability training course, participants will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of learning disabilities, enabling them to provide better support and care.
- Learn about the causes and factors contributing to learning disabilities.
- Acquire skills for early identification and intervention.
- Explore the complexities of coexisting conditions and the importance of a multidisciplinary approach.
- Develop effective strategies for understanding and managing challenging behaviours.
Who Should Attend:
This online learning disability course is suitable for:
- Healthcare professionals
- Social workers
- Caregivers and family members
- Anyone interested in improving their knowledge of learning disabilities
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. What is a learning disability?
- A learning disability is a neurological condition that affects an individual’s ability to acquire, process, or express information. It can impact various aspects of learning and daily life.
2. How are learning disabilities diagnosed?
- Learning disabilities are typically diagnosed through a comprehensive assessment conducted by healthcare professionals, educational specialists, or psychologists. The assessment involves various tests and evaluations.
3. Are learning disabilities linked to other conditions?
- Learning disabilities can coexist with other conditions, including ADHD, autism, and mental health disorders. Understanding these connections is crucial for effective support.
4. What strategies can help manage challenging behaviours in individuals with learning disabilities?
- Managing challenging behaviours often involves a combination of understanding triggers, implementing positive reinforcement techniques, and providing consistent support and structure.
5. How do you complete Oliver McGowan training?
- Oliver McGowan training can be completed by enrolling in accredited courses. You can choose between online or in-person training options that cover key aspects of providing care and support to individuals with learning disabilities and autism. You can take our disability awareness online training.
6. What is Oliver McGowan training for care homes?
- Oliver McGowan training for care homes is a specialized program aimed at educating care home staff. It focuses on enhancing their understanding of the unique needs, communication strategies, and challenges faced by individuals with learning disabilities and autism.
- The training emphasizes providing dignified, respectful, and inclusive care within care home settings, ensuring that residents receive exceptional care and support.
7. Difference between learning disability and dementia:
- A learning disability is a lifelong condition that affects an individual’s ability to acquire and process information. In contrast, dementia is a progressive and typically age-related condition that impairs cognitive functions, including memory, reasoning, and communication.