Moving and Handling Training Online
Our Moving and Handling of People online training course is designed to provide learners with the essential knowledge and understanding of the safe process of moving people to prevent injury to themselves and the person being moved, whilst also covering the legal requirements regarding the handling of people.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by The CPD Accreditation Group
- 100% online, learn at your own time and pace
- Translates into over 100 different languages
- Instant certificate downloaded
Who is the moving and handling training for?
This moving and handling online training is suitable for all staff working within Adult Health and Social Care. For Practical Training, visit this link.
When will I get my certificate?
Once you have successfully passed our course you will be able to download and print your certificate immediately.
As this course has been accredited by the CPD Group your certificate will contain the CPD logo and unique reference number.
- Health and Safety at Work 1974
- Manual Handling Regulations 1999
- Duty of care
- Moving and handling assessments
- Basic principles of safer handling
- Company handling policy
- Unsafe moves
- Working with equipment
- Moving and transferring
Here is the moving and handling of people course content outline formatted with headers:
Course Content: Moving and Handling of People Training
Health and Safety at Work 1974
– Foundational health and safety legislation placing duties on employers to ensure worker safety
– Established overall requirements for ergonomics and hazard reduction
Manual Handling Regulations 1999
– Specific regulations targeting risky manual handling activities
– Requires employers conduct assessments and implement controls
– Aims to minimize hazardous manual lifts through equipment, procedures
Duty of Care
– Legal and ethical duty to avoid negligent actions harming others
– Applies to both employers and employees
– Basis for taking steps to ensure safe moving and handling
Moving and Handling Assessments
– Formal assessment required for any hazardous manual handling
– Evaluates risks and determines necessary control measures
– Considers factors like load, task, environment, individual
Basic Principles of Safer Handling
– Key techniques like keeping load near waist, wide base, load sharing
– Allows employee lifting capacity and avoids injury
Company Moving and Handling Policy
– Organization’s documented safe handling procedures
– Defines equipment, training, roles, responsibilities, protocols
– Structure and function of back, muscles, joints
– Informs understanding of injury risks
– Identifies hazardous postures like bending, twisting, overhead
– Awareness prevents risky movements during handling
Working with Equipment
– Proper techniques for equipment like hoists, slings, belts
– Safely utilizes aids for assisted transfers
Moving and Transferring
– Safe patient handling and repositioning methods
– Step-by-step techniques to avoid injury
Learning Outcome: Moving and Handling Online Course
Here are some potential course outcomes for a Moving and Handling of People training program based on the content outline:
By the end of this training, learners will be able to:
- Explain legal health and safety duties related to moving and handling.
- Conduct risk assessments for manual handling activities and determine control measures.
- Demonstrate proper body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
- Correctly select and use equipment like hoists and sliding aids to assist in handling.
- Perform safe techniques for patient handling activities such as repositioning and transfers.
- Recognize unsafe postures and movements that could harm themselves or patients.
The focus is on conveying the core knowledge areas of legislation, risk assessments, body mechanics, equipment use, and safe techniques.
Learners should be able to apply these in practice to perform moving and handling safely. The most critical outcomes are highlighted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can manual handling training be done online?
Yes, in the UK, manual handling training can often be completed online. Many training providers offer e-learning courses that cover safe manual handling practices.
However, practical assessments may still be required in person to ensure proper techniques are understood and applied. For practical moving and handling of people training, please visit this link.
Can I do a safe pass course online?
Safe Pass courses in the UK typically require in-person attendance.
These courses focus on construction safety and are not typically offered online. What our online moving and handling focuses on is people moving and handling.
Regulations and course availability may change, so it’s advisable to check with your local authorities or training providers for the most up-to-date information.
What is the moving and handling people online course?
The moving and handling people online course is an online training program designed to teach individuals how to safely assist and move people who may have mobility difficulties or require care and support due to age or medical conditions.
This course is especially relevant for healthcare and social care workers.
Who provides training on moving and handling online training?
Training on moving and handling is often provided by various organisations such as ours, including healthcare institutions, care homes, and training providers specializing in health and social care.
These courses aim to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge to safely assist people with mobility needs while minimising the risk of injury to both the caregiver and the person being assisted.
Is manual handling training a legal requirement in the UK?
No, manual handling training is not legally required in the UK, but employers must ensure the safety of their workers when they do tasks involving lifting and moving. Providing training is a common way to meet this legal obligation.
Can you fail a manual handling course?
Yes, it’s possible to fail a manual handling course. The courses aim to teach safe techniques, and if someone doesn’t understand or use them correctly during the course, they may not pass. If you interested in our refresher face to face training, please visit the link.
What are the 5 key principles of moving and handling?
The 5 key principles for safe moving and handling are:
- Plan: Think about what you’re going to do.
- Position: Stand or sit correctly.
- Prepare: Get the right equipment and help if needed.
- Transfer: Lift or move using safe methods.
- Review: Check how it went and make it safer next time.
How long does a moving and handling certificate last?
The certificate’s duration can vary, but many need renewing every few years. Check with your training provider for how long your certificate is valid.