Freelance Clinical Trainer
You are busy, fed up with employers promising you the world then letting you down and you don’t have much time on your hands to faff around with job applications.
We get it and the last thing we would want to do is waste your time.
We are asking all applicants to read the job description fully and not to scroll down to the pay section and then apply.
Why is this important?
For many reasons but ultimately your time is valuable and if we are not a good fit at the job description part, we wouldn’t want to take up any more of your time.
What are we looking for?
Experienced Clinical trainers who enjoy passing on their up-to-date knowledge to learners of different levels.
You must be:
· Confident in your communication skills to be able to teach a variety of different levels of staff within health and social care including phone calls.
· Reliable – we highly value the efforts of our customers to arrange training. We understand that on occasions life may get in the way and plans change but are unable to work with individuals who don’t value our customers’ time and frequently cancel commitments at short notice.
· IT literate – it is essential that you are able to use email, zoom, whatsapp, team calendar (only office staff have access to what is entered). Using online forms such as register, trainer evaluations, showing learners where to get the online feedback form and using it to request hotel stays and equipment if needed.
· Excellent time management – we ask all trainers to make us aware 48 hours in advance in case paperwork etc has not arrived. This gives us chance to sort it out for smooth running of courses. We provide all paperwork and course materials.
· Have experience of clinical and complex care procedures (for example: catheterisation, venepuncture, tracheostomy care, PEG, Bowel management, Ear irrigation, syringe driver etc) and previous teaching experience (PTLLS or equivalent required).
· Honest- if we ask you to do a course and you don’t have the experience simply say no. This won’t have a negative impact on us working with you in the future and we would much prefer this way of working.
· Adaptable and flexible – sometimes the postman is late, and we must think on our feet using all of our experience, sometimes projectors don’t work but there is still a class or eager delegates waiting for an enjoyable and informative session. It is vital that you are experienced in both subject and training to, from time to time, work with what is available and that may be just your knowledge and a flipchart – this should not result in a negative experience for trainers or delegates.
· Have experience with completing documentation accurately and sending it in by the end of the training session. This is the class register and trainer evaluation form.
We appreciate that you may not solely work for us and may have other commitments, but we treat our freelance trainers as team members and are looking to grow our team with people who want to support us and represent Caring for Care as much as we support our trainers.
Consider what would you want in a trainer if you were a delegate or if your loved one requires care and support who would you want to train the staff? This is the trainer we want.
· Full driving licence
· Registered Nurse / Doctor
· Able to travel across the UK – The wider range of travel the more work we would be able to provide. We do our utmost to reduce travel for our trainers but sometimes it is unavoidable.
· Enjoys training and meeting new people
You made it this far – obviously an awesome trainer!
What can we offer you?
· Regular work with most of our trainers’ diaries being booked up until June with he number of days they want to work.
· Getting paid on time – as long as you get your correct invoice in by the last day of the month we don’t mess around where your earnings are concerned.
· We pay 30ppm.
· We provide all the course materials and equipment for clinical courses.
· We pay for hotel stays if requested and working 2 hours from home.
· We provide caring for Care polo t-shirts
· We have a great relationship with our trainers and there is a lovely atmosphere in the office.
· We encourage and support professional development.
· We are honest and it is important for us that expectations are met to ensure a good long term working relationship. We wouldn’t promise you something we are not confident we can achieve.
Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
All interviews will be held by zoom.
£250 per day
If you feel you would be a great addition to the team, then please fill out the form to register your interest
We’ll get back to you within one working day.