Gain the required skills
Diabetes Awareness Training (Level 2) is a course that helps you learn more about diabetes, the different types it has, and how to manage it well. The course is designed for healthcare workers and people who want to know more about diabetes care.Make a Group Enquiry
Make an Individual Booking
- Understand diabetes (RQF)
- Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes (RQF)
- Understand the initial care of diabetes (RQF)
- Understand the treatment and management of diabetes (RQF)
- Privacy and dignity
Let us Help You
We’ll help you find the right course for your needs. Tell us a little bit about your situation and what you would like to achieve.
We’ll get back to you within one working day.
Sorry, no dates are available for this course yet - Please click here to contact us
We Can Help You Through Your Booking
Training FAQsContact Us
Where do you deliver this level 2 diabetes course?
We can deliver this training at your premises, as long as it's within the UK. Also, we have our own venues in Stoke on Trent, London, Swindon, Epsom & York if you need access to a training room (additional charges will apply). We can also deliver this training virtually using Zoom. However, sessions delivered via Zoom will be theory only and will not include any practicals.
How long will the training last?
This training will last 4 -6 hours. We give a range of time to account for variable factors such as; underlying knowledge and competence of delegates, class interaction and engagement and reduced delegate numbers. If a course finishes earlier than the allotted time, it will be due to one of these reasons. However, our trainer will ensure that all learning outcomes have been met.
Who will conduct the training?
One of our expert clinical tutors. These are either Nurses or Doctors with abundant clinical and complex care experience and knowledge - so you'll be in great hands! We will let you know who is doing the training in advance. You can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
Diabetes Awareness Training Course- Level 2
The Diabetes Awareness Training Level 2 offers a deep dive into understanding diabetes, its types, and effective management strategies. The course provides learners with an understanding of the different types of diabetes, its causes, and its impacts.
Also, participants will know how medication and lifestyle changes can affect the way people live with the condition.
Participants will discover essential strategies for managing Type 2 diabetes effectively. They will also know the importance of early detection for better patient outcomes.
Throughout the course, participants will gain a solid understanding of diabetes. This will be ranging from its fundamental concepts to the complexities of diabetes management.
- Course Duration: 2- 3 hours
- Course Level: Level 2
- Certificate: 1-year certificate
- Max Delegates: 12
- Practical: No
Participants will learn how to maintain respect and confidentiality while providing quality care to individuals with diabetes through a dedicated module on privacy and dignity.
The course is open to a wide range of learners, including healthcare professionals, teachers, and anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of diabetes. They are all welcome to enroll in the course. We also have the online diabetes course, please visit the link.
Diabetes Awareness Training Course Outline:
1. Understand Diabetes (RQF)
- What is Diabetes: Participants will gain a clear understanding of what diabetes is and how it affects the body’s sugar regulation.
- The Different Types of Diabetes: Participants will be able to differentiate between different types of diabetes, including Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, along with their management approaches.
- Signs and Symptoms of Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia: Participants will learn to identify the signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia, ensuring timely responses to these conditions.
2. Prevention and Early Intervention of Type 2 Diabetes (RQF)
- Risk Factors: Participants will understand the risk factors associated with Type 2 diabetes and how lifestyle choices play a crucial role in its prevention.
- Early Intervention Strategies: Participants will learn about early intervention approaches to manage Type 2 diabetes effectively, should it develop.
3. Understand the Initial Care of Diabetes (RQF)
- Health and Foot Care: We will familiarize participants with the importance of proper health and foot care for individuals with diabetes to prevent complications.
- High-Risk Conditions: Participants will learn about conditions that may put individuals at higher risk for diabetes-related issues, enabling them to take appropriate actions.
4. Understand the Treatment and Management of Diabetes (RQF)
- Medication: Participants will be introduced to various medications used in diabetes management, including insulin, pills, and injectables.
- Describe the Agreed Ways of Working in Relation to Medication (13.5a): Participants will understand the approved protocols and procedures for administering diabetes medications safely.
- Diet: Participants will gain insights into the significance of personalized diet plans in managing diabetes effectively.
- Care Plans and Record Keeping: Participants will learn to develop and maintain comprehensive care plans for individuals with diabetes, along with accurate record-keeping practices.
- Explain Why It is Important to Have Secure Systems for Recording, Storing, and Sharing Information (14.1b): Participants will understand the importance of data security and confidentiality when handling sensitive diabetes-related information.
- Explain the Principles of Safe Handling of Infected or Soiled Linen and Clinical Waste (15.1e): Participants will learn essential safety measures for handling contaminated materials to prevent infections and maintain a safe environment.
5. Privacy and Dignity
- List Situations Where an Individual’s Privacy and Dignity Could be Compromised (7.1b): Participants will be able to identify potential scenarios where a person’s privacy and dignity might be at risk in a care setting.
- Describe How to Maintain Privacy and Dignity in the Work Setting (7.1c): Participants will gain practical strategies to ensure that individuals with diabetes are treated with respect, dignity, and confidentiality throughout their care journey.
Upon completing this course, participants will be equipped with a wealth of knowledge and skills to excel in:
- diabetes management,
- fostering improved patient outcomes and
- elevating the standard of care.
Level 2 Diabetes Course Outcomes:
Upcoming completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand Diabetes: Gain a clear understanding of diabetes and how it affects the body’s sugar regulation.
- Identify Diabetes Types: Differentiate between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes and know their management approaches.
- Manage Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia: Recognize signs and symptoms, and respond promptly to low and high blood sugar levels.
- Prevent Type 2 Diabetes: Identify risk factors and learn preventive strategies to reduce the chances of developing Type 2 diabetes.
- Provide Initial Diabetes Care: Understand the importance of health and foot care for preventing complications.
- Ensure Privacy and Dignity: Learn to maintain respect, confidentiality, and dignity while caring for individuals with diabetes.
Will attending this training make me competent?
In short, no. No classroom-based training course can give you full competency – be very wary of anyone claiming they can. Our classroom-based assessments are designed to bridge the gap between classroom learning and workplace competency. We will be sure to provide you with the relevant workbooks and competency proformas to be observed and signed off within the workplace according to your local policy.
What equipment will you use for training?
A: We have a variety of different training equipment and tools available. The training will be relevant and transferable. However, if you have a specific requirement for a particular type of equipment, please make this clear during the booking process, and the team will ensure this is provided.
Alternatively, we can use your own equipment for training.
What is RQF?
RQF stands for the “Regulated Qualifications Framework.” It is a framework used in the United Kingdom to classify and compare different qualifications based on their level of difficulty and the knowledge and skills they represent. The RQF provides a way to understand the level and depth of learning achieved by individuals who complete specific qualifications, making it easier to compare different courses and qualifications across various sectors and institutions.
As I have told others... It is the best, most informative training I have ever attended