- Level 2
- 3 Hours Duration
- 1 Year Certificate
Pressure Sore Prevention Training
This pressure sore prevention training aims to reduce pressure ulcers in a care environment through training delegates on how and why pressure ulcers form, and what their role and responsibility is in helping to prevent them.
Gain the required skills
This pressure sore prevention training aims to reduce pressure ulcers in a care environment through training delegates on how and why pressure ulcers form, and what their role and responsibility is in helping to prevent them.Make a Group Enquiry
Make an Individual Booking
- Understanding skin
- What is a pressure sore
- How do pressure sores occur?
- Pressure sores v incontinence dermatitis
- The different grades of pressure sores
- How can we prevent pressure sores?
- Pressure ulcer dressings, aids and correct use of equipment
- Documentation and record keeping
Let us Help You
We’ll help you find the right course for your needs. Tell us a little bit about your situation and what you would like to achieve.
We’ll get back to you within one working day.
Sorry, no dates are available for this course yet - Please click here to contact us
We Can Help You Through Your Booking
Pressure Sore Prevention Training FAQsContact Us
Where Do You Deliver the Pressure Sore Prevention Training?
We can deliver this training at your premises, as long as it's within the UK. Also, we have our own venues in the Midlands if you don't have access to a training room. In addition, we are able to deliver this training virtually using Zoom (Zoom sessions for this course will only be available for Theory only sessions)
Who Is This Pressure Sore Prevention Training For?
This training is for anyone working within the health and social care sector.
How Many Delegates Can I Have On One Session?
We will deliver this training for a group of up to 12 delegates. Similarly, for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands! Furthermore, we will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
Pressure Sore Prevention Training
This pressure sore prevention training aims to reduce pressure ulcers in a care environment through training delegates on how and why pressure ulcers form, and what their role and responsibility is in helping to prevent them. This is a level-2 certificate course on pressure sore prevention training.
In this comprehensive training course on Pressure Sore Prevention, attendees will gain a deep understanding of the factors contributing to pressure sore development and learn effective strategies to prevent them. Through a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical techniques, participants will acquire the necessary skills to provide optimal care and support to individuals at risk of pressure sores.
I. Understanding Skin
- Explore the intricate structure and vital functions of the skin.
- Learn about the different layers of the skin and their roles in maintaining overall health.
- Recognize the critical importance of skin in protecting the body from external elements and preventing infections.
II. What is a Pressure Sore?
- Gain a clear understanding of what pressure sores are and their defining characteristics.
- Familiarize yourself with the commonly used terminology associated with pressure sores.
- Identify the specific areas of the body that are frequently affected by pressure sores.
III. How do Pressure Sores Occur?
- Delve into the various factors and mechanisms that contribute to the formation of pressure sores.
- Understand the relationship between pressure, friction, and shear forces on the skin and their impact on pressure sore development.
- Explore the effects of prolonged pressure on bony prominences and the subsequent damage to the skin.
IV. Pressure Sores vs Incontinence Dermatitis
- Differentiate between pressure sores and incontinence dermatitis in terms of etiology, appearance, and management.
- Enhance your ability to identify and distinguish between these two conditions accurately.
V. The Different Grades of Pressure Sores
- Familiarize yourself with the classification system used to grade pressure sores.
- Learn about the different stages or grades of pressure sores, including Stage 1 to Stage 4 and unstageable sores.
- Develop proficiency in assessing and determining the severity of pressure sores.
VI. How Can We Prevent Pressure Sores?
- Explore a range of preventive strategies and techniques to minimize the risk of pressure sore development.
- Learn proper repositioning techniques to reduce pressure on vulnerable areas.
- Understand the importance of using pressure redistribution surfaces and implementing effective skincare practices.
- Discover the crucial role of proper nutrition in maintaining skin health and preventing pressure sores.
VII. Pressure Ulcer Dressings, Aids, and Correct Use of Equipment
- Gain knowledge about various types of dressings used in the management of pressure sores.
- Explore different assisting devices and equipment designed to redistribute pressure effectively.
- Learn the correct utilization and application techniques for dressings, aids, and equipment.
By the end of this Pressure Sore Prevention Training, attendees will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and practical strategies to effectively prevent pressure sores and provide optimal care to individuals at risk. With a strong foundation in understanding skin, pressure sore development, and prevention techniques, participants will be prepared to make a positive impact on the lives of those in their care.
Course Duration: 3 hours
As I have told others... It is the best, most informative training I have ever attended
Pressure Sore Prevention Training Course Summary
Equip yourself with essential knowledge and skills to prevent pressure sores. Learn about skin anatomy, causes of pressure sores, and effective prevention strategies. Understand the relationship between pressure sores and incontinence dermatitis. Gain expertise in using pressure ulcer dressings and aids. Enhance care and well-being by reducing the risk of pressure sore development.
Course Learning Outcome: Pressure Sore Prevention Training
By the end of this training course on pressure sore prevention, attendees will have gained the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively prevent and manage pressure sores.
- Understand the anatomy of the skin and the factors that contribute to the development of pressure sores.
- Identify the different stages and grades of pressure sores, and their associated risks and complications.
- Implement practical strategies for preventing pressure sores, including proper positioning, regular skin assessments, and effective use of pressure-relieving equipment.
- Recognize the relationship between pressure sores and incontinence dermatitis, and employ appropriate preventive measures.
- Acquire proficiency in selecting and applying pressure ulcer dressings and aids to optimize healing and comfort.
Upon completion of this training, attendees will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to enhance the care and well-being of individuals at risk of pressure sores, ultimately improving their quality of life.