Basic Observation Training
This basic observation training course aims to help staff increase their healthcare knowledge through teaching them how to take observations and accurately document and report the findings.
The course is suitable for both care assistants and nurses.
The course will include practical elements across a variety of different observation techniques.
Basic Observation Training Course Summary
- Vital signs – pulse, blood pressure (manual and with a machine), respiration rate, oxygen saturation
- Vital sign – language associated with
- Neurological observations
- Aseptic technique
- Hand washing technique
- Urinalysis and how to obtain samples – catheter, continent and incontinent person
- Axillary, oral, tympanic temperature
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Infection control, record keeping, consent and confidentiality will also be discussed.
On completion delegates will be able to confidently take any of the observations mentioned above and show a much improved awareness and knowledge of each aspect.a
DURATIONThis course lasts 4 to 6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.