Physical Intervention Training
This physical intervention training is aimed at members of staff who work in an environment with service users who have behaviours that challenge.
The course allows for safe and legal management of physically challenging behaviour.
Physical Intervention Training Course Summary
- Introduction to physical intervention.
- Identifying challenging behaviour and knowing when to intervene.
- Physical intervention techniques, including breaking away and holding.
- Risks involved in physical intervention.
- The Assault Cycle.
- Laws and legislation.
- Triggers of challenging behaviour.
- Causes and diffusion of anger and aggression.
- Unacceptable practice.
- Duty of care.
- Threatening behaviour and physical assault.
- Dementia and how to intervene physically.
Upon completion delegations will have learnt a range of skills which are essential when working with patients who have learning disabilities or mental health problems.
This course can be made 100% bespoke, specifically designed to suit the needs of your business.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 2 years.