Physical Intervention Training
This physical intervention training is aimed at members of staff who work in an environment with service users who have behaviours that challenge.
The course allows for safe and legal management of physically challenging behaviour.
Physical Intervention Training Course Summary
- Introduction to physical intervention.
- Identifying challenging behaviour and knowing when to intervene.
- Physical intervention techniques, including breaking away and holding.
- Risks involved in physical intervention.
- The Assault Cycle.
- Laws and legislation.
- Triggers of challenging behaviour.
- Causes and diffusion of anger and aggression.
- Unacceptable practice.
- Duty of care.
- Threatening behaviour and physical assault.
- Dementia and how to intervene physically.
Where Do You Deliver The Physical Intervention Training?
We can deliver this training at your premises, as long as it’s within the UK. We also have our own venues in the Midlands if you don’t have access to a training room
Who Is This Training For?
This training is for anyone working within the health and social care sector.
How Many Delegates Can I Have On One Session?
We will deliver this training for a group of up to 10 delegates. For larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 4-6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.