Spinal Injury Training
This spinal injury training course will teach delegates how to safely look after a patient who has suffered a spinal injury.
The course is vital for any staff responsible for the care of spinal injury patients.
Spinal Injury Training Course Summary
This spinal injuries training course comprises of four elements listed below.
Spinal Injury Training
- Anatomy of the spine
- Central nervous system (CNS)
- Types of spinal cord injuries
- Effects of spinal cord injuries
- What is autonomic Dysreflexia
- What happens if a person has AD
- Signs and symptoms
- Possible consequences
- Causes and Triggers
- Discuss documentation
- Discuss person centred care and seeing from individual point of view
- What needs to be in the care plan?
- What is a urinary catheter
- Advantages/disadvantages of urinary catheters
- Reasons for catheterisation
- Importance of effective infection control
- How to handle, empty and change catheter bag
- Troubleshooting common issues
- Awareness of fluid balance
- Effective record keeping
- Privacy, dignity and respect
- What is incontinence
- What is constipation
- Contributing factors to incontinence
- Anatomy & physiology
- What causes constipation?
- Complications of constipation
- Infection control
- Manual evacuation
Where Do You Deliver The Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands if you don’t have access to a training room.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates.
Who Is This Training For?
This training is for anyone working within the health and social care sector.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegate will receive a certificate of attendance, valid for 1 year.