Falls Prevention Online training
This Falls Prevention online training course will provide candidates with the skills to identity the complex factors which may lead to a fall. It’s important to recognise these factors in order to reduce the risk of falling.
People fall because of a complex mix of factors. To reduce falling, it is important to identify these factors, and recognise those that could signify serious, but treatable, underlying medical problems.
- Developed by professionals.
- Accredited by The CPD Accreditation Group.
- 100% online, learn at your own time and pace.
- Translates into over 100 different languages.
- Instant certificate downloaded.
Who is it for?
This training is suitable to all staff working within Adult Health and Social Care.
When will I get my certificate?
Once you have successfully passed our course you will be able to download and print your certificate immediately.
As this course has been accredited by the CPD Group your certificate will contain the CPD logo and unique reference number.
- Understand costs and implications of falls on patients, their families and organisations.
- Recognize falls risk factors.
- Recognize who is at risk of falls and injury.
- Recognize importance of bone health in relation to falls risk.
- Understand roles other staff play in fall prevention.
- Understand what to do in the event of a patient falling.
Falls Prevention Course Structure:
Module 1: Costs and Implications of Falls
- Understanding the Impact: Delve into the financial and emotional ramifications of falls for patients, families, and healthcare organisations.
- Preventing Consequences: Learn how effective falls prevention can mitigate these costs.
Module 2: Recognising Falls Risk Factors
- Identifying Risk Factors: Acquire insights into common risk factors contributing to falls.
- Risk Assessment: Learn how to assess individuals for their vulnerability to falls.
Module 3: Identifying Those at Risk
- At-Risk Groups: Recognise individuals most susceptible to falls and potential injuries.
- Early Intervention: Understand the significance of timely identification.
Module 4: Bone Health and Falls Risk
- Bone Health Connection: Investigate the correlation between bone health and falls risk.
- Promoting Bone Health: Learn strategies for enhancing bone health and reducing falls risk.
Module 5: Collaborative Fall Prevention
- Team Efforts: Comprehend the roles and responsibilities of diverse staff members in falls prevention.
- Communication and Coordination: Explore how effective teamwork contributes to preventing falls.
Module 6: Responding to Falls
- Immediate Action: Acquire knowledge about the immediate steps to take when a patient experiences a fall.
- Reporting and Documentation: Appreciate the importance of thorough reporting and documentation.
Upon fall prevention course, participants will:
- Gain in-depth knowledge about falls prevention, reducing its impact on patients and healthcare organisations.
- Develop the skills to identify falls risk factors and assess individuals’ susceptibility to falls.
- Recognise the significance of bone health in falls risk and learn strategies to promote it.
- Understand collaborative efforts among staff in fall prevention and effective responses to falls.
Falls Prevention Course Summary:
This course equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to prevent falls effectively, reduce their associated costs, and ensure patient safety.
Falls Prevention Course Delivery:
Our online course offers flexibility, allowing you to learn at your own pace. It includes video lectures, quizzes, practical exercises, and interactive resources.
1. How long does it take to complete the fall prevention course online?
- On average, participants complete the course in a few hours, but you can progress at your own pace.
2. Is there a certificate upon fall prevention course completion?
- Yes, participants who successfully complete the course receive a certificate of achievement.
3. Can I access the fall prevention course on a mobile device?
- Yes, the course is accessible on various devices, including smartphones and tablets.
4. Is this course suitable for beginners in healthcare?
- Yes, the course is designed to benefit individuals with varying levels of experience in healthcare and falls prevention.