Infection Prevention and Control Online Training
Staff working within the care environment can benefit from our online Infection prevention and Control training course. Individuals will understand the importance of why we need to have infection control measures implemented in the workplace.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to state the obligations and responsibilities they should perform when dealing with infection control issues.
In addition to this candidates will be able to demonstrate and explain hand washing techniques along with having an understanding of maintaining a clean environment.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by The CPD Accreditation Group
- 100% online, learn at your own time and pace
- Translates into over 100 different languages
- Instant certificate downloaded
Who is the prevention control training for?
This training is suitable to all staff working within Adult Health and Social Care.
When will I get my certificate?
Once you have successfully passed our infection and prevention control course you will be able to download and print your certificate immediately.
As this course has been accredited by the CPD Group your certificate will contain the CPD logo and unique reference number.
Course Outline: Infection Prevention and Control
Overview of what attendees can expect when enrolling in the Infection Prevention and Control Online Training:
Definition of Infection Control:
- Explore the fundamental concept of infection control and its vital role in maintaining a safe healthcare environment.
- Learn about key terms and principles related to infection prevention.
Understanding the Chain of Infection:
- Discover how infections spread through the chain of infection and the critical points where interventions can be implemented.
- Gain insights into the modes of transmission and factors contributing to infection transmission.
Exploring Different Types of Germs and Infection:
- Delve into the world of pathogens, including bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites.
- Understand the various types of infections and their unique characteristics.
Health Care Associated Infections (HCAIs):
- Learn about HCAIs, their impact on patient safety, and the common types of healthcare-associated infections.
- Explore strategies to prevent and manage HCAIs effectively.
Importance of Infection Control and HCAI Management:
- Recognize the significance of robust infection control practices in healthcare settings.
- Understand the principles of HCAI management and the roles and responsibilities of healthcare professionals.
Effective Hand Hygiene Techniques:
- Master the art of handwashing to prevent the transmission of infections.
- Learn proper hand hygiene techniques, including when and how to wash hands effectively.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Gain knowledge about the importance of using PPE to minimize the risk of infection.
- Understand the appropriate selection, use, and disposal of different types of PPE.
Infection Prevention Strategies:
- Explore preventive measures to reduce the risk of infection, including environmental hygiene, disinfection, and sterilization.
- Discover the role of vaccination and immunization in preventing infectious diseases.
Policy and Legislation in Infection Control:
- Understand the importance of infection control policies and legislation in healthcare settings.
- Explore key guidelines and regulations governing infection prevention and control practices.
Care Quality Commission (CQC) and Quality Assurance:
- Learn about the role of CQC in monitoring and assessing infection control standards in healthcare organizations.
- Understand the significance of quality assurance processes to maintain high levels of infection control.
Enroll in our comprehensive Infection Prevention and Control Online Training to acquire essential knowledge and skills in safeguarding patients and promoting a safer healthcare environment.
Key Points on online training
- Definition of Infection Control
- How individuals become infected through the chain of infection
- Different types of germs and infection
- Health Care Associated Infections
- The importance of infection control and the management of HCAI
- How to wash hands effectively and appropriately
- Personal protective equipment
- Prevention of infection
- The importance of policy and legislation regarding infection control