Mental Health Awareness -Level 2
This Level 2 Mental Health Awareness online training course is aimed at staff working within a care environment. This course aims to build the capacity of health care workers in the field of mental health so that they are able to effectively respond to the mental health needs of their service users.
Candidates will gain an understanding of how to recognise the symptoms of mental disorders and how to understand that people experiencing possible mental disorders require appropriate services.
- Developed by professionals.
- Accredited by The CPD Accreditation Group.
- 100% online, learn at your own time and pace.
- Translates into over 100 different languages.
- Instant certificate downloaded.
When will I get my certificate?
Once you have successfully passed our course you will be able to download and print your certificate immediately.
As this course has been accredited by the CPD Group your certificate will contain the CPD logo and unique reference number.
- Defining Mental Health.
- Recognising symptoms of a Mental Health Disorder.
- Responding appropriately.
- Referring a person with a Mental Health Disorder.
- Support and caring for a person with a Mental Health Disorder.
- Discrimination and stigma.
- Medication and side effects.
Module 1: Defining Mental Health
- Understanding Mental Health: Explore the concept of mental health and its significance in daily life.
- Stigma Reduction: Learn how destigmatizing mental health can improve well-being.
Module 2: Recognising Symptoms of a Mental Health Disorder
- Identifying Symptoms: Gain insights into common symptoms associated with various mental health disorders.
- Early Detection: Understand the importance of early recognition for effective intervention.
Module 3: Responding Appropriately
- Providing Support: Learn how to offer immediate assistance and empathy to individuals experiencing mental health challenges.
- Communication Skills: Develop effective communication techniques for addressing mental health concerns.
Module 4: Referring a Person with a Mental Health Disorder
- Seeking Professional Help: Understand the process of referring individuals to mental health professionals.
- Resources and Services: Explore available support services and how to connect individuals with them.
Module 5: Support and Caring for a Person with a Mental Health Disorder
- Providing Emotional Support: Discover how to offer ongoing care and emotional assistance to someone with a mental health disorder.
- Self-Care: Learn to manage caregiver stress and maintain your well-being while supporting others.
Module 6: Discrimination and Stigma
- Combating Discrimination: Understand the impact of discrimination on mental health and ways to counter it.
- Promoting Inclusivity: Explore strategies for creating inclusive environments.
Module 7: Medication and Side Effects
- Medication Overview: Learn about common medications used in mental health treatment.
- Side Effect Management: Understand potential side effects and how to address them.
Who Should Take This Course:
This level 2 mental health awareness course is suitable for a wide range of individuals, including:
- Healthcare professionals
- Human resources personnel
- First responders
- Family members and friends of those with mental health challenges
- Anyone interested in promoting mental health awareness and support
Upon completion of this level 2 mental health awareness course, participants will:
- Gain comprehensive knowledge about mental health and related disorders.
- Develop the skills needed to recognize and respond to mental health issues effectively.
- Understand how to provide support and care for individuals with mental health challenges.
- Contribute to reducing discrimination and stigma surrounding mental health.
- Learn about medication used in mental health treatment and its potential side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is mental health awareness training?
- Mental health awareness training is an educational programme designed to increase understanding and knowledge about mental health issues, including common disorders, symptoms, and ways to provide support and promote well-being.
What is the mental health awareness training for NHS?
- Mental health awareness training for the NHS is a specialised programme aimed at healthcare professionals within the National Health Service (NHS) in the UK. It focuses on equipping NHS staff with the skills and knowledge necessary to address mental health challenges effectively.
How do I get into mental health training?
- To get into mental health training, you can explore various options:
- Look for accredited courses offered by educational institutions or training providers.
- Check if your workplace offers mental health training programmes.
- Consider online courses and workshops related to mental health awareness and support.
What is the level 2 mental health awareness course?
- The level 2 mental health awareness course is an intermediate-level training programme that delves deeper into understanding mental health issues. It typically covers topics like specific mental health disorders, early recognition, and basic intervention techniques. This course is designed to provide a more in-depth knowledge of mental health awareness beyond the basics.
What is Mental Health Awareness Week UK?
- Mental Health Awareness Week UK is a special week dedicated to raising awareness about mental health issues in the United Kingdom. During this mental awareness week, various events, campaigns, and discussions take place to promote understanding and support for mental well-being.
What month is Mental Health UK?
- Mental Health Awareness Week in the UK usually takes place in May each year. It’s a month when people across the UK come together to focus on mental health, educate others, and reduce the stigma surrounding mental health challenges.