Paediatric First Aid Online Training – Level 3 Theory
This Paediatric First Aid (Level 3) online training course has been developed for those who are working / wish to work with children and infants. This accredited course provides theoretical training in first aid techniques that are specific to infants aged under 1, and children aged from 1 year old to the onset of puberty.
This course would be of particular interest to parents, teachers, child minders, crèche assistants, playgroup personnel and anyone else who has a responsibility for their welfare whilst in your care. It is ideal for individuals who are responsible for children and infants, who wish to gain an accredited Paediatric First Aid Award.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by The CPD Accreditation Group
- 100% online, learn at your own time and pace
- Translates into over 100 different languages
- Instant certificate downloaded
Who is it for?
This training is suitable to all staff working within Adult Health and Social Care.
When will I get my Paediatric First Aid Certificate?
Once you have successfully passed our course you will be able to download and print your certificate immediately.
As this course has been accredited by the CPD Group your certificate will contain the CPD logo and unique reference number.
As I have told others… It is the best, most informative training I have ever attended
Paediatric First Aid Online Course Outline:
Unit 1 : Paediatric First Aid Online Training
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child with anaphylaxis
Unit 2 :
- Be able to administer first aid to an infant and a child with injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- Be able to administer first aid to an infant and a child with head and spinal injuries
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an infant and a child with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who has sustained an electric shock
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with burns or scalds
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who has been poisoned
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who has been bitten or stung
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with minor injuries
- Understand how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies
Upon completing our Pediatric First Aid Online Training, you will:
- Gain the knowledge and skills to assess emergency situations involving infants and children.
- Provide effective first aid for various scenarios, including unresponsiveness, foreign body airway obstruction, bleeding, shock, and anaphylaxis.
- Administer first aid for injuries to bones, joints, and muscles, as well as conditions affecting the eyes, ears, and nose.
- Handle emergencies related to chronic medical conditions, sudden illnesses, extreme temperatures, electric shock, burns, poisoning, bites, stings, and minor injuries.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a pediatric first aider and learn to maintain accurate records.
Benefits of Taking Our Paediatric First Aid Online Training:
- Acquire essential skills to provide immediate assistance to infants and children in emergency situations.
- Gain confidence in handling a wide range of pediatric medical scenarios.
- Learn at your own pace with the flexibility of online training.
- Enhance your CV and professional credentials with certified pediatric first aid knowledge.
- Be prepared to safeguard the health and safety of infants and children in various environments.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
What is paediatric first aid training?
Paediatric first aid training teaches people how to give basic medical care and help to babies, children, and young people if they get hurt or sick. It shows you what to do for things like choking, burns, cuts, and other common injuries that children can get.
Can you fail a paediatric first aid course online?
Yes, you can fail a paediatric first aid course. To pass the course, you need to show you understand the information and can do the practical skills. You might fail if you don’t meet the course requirements or can’t do some critical skills properly. But many courses let you take the assessment again or take the course again, so you can learn the skills you need.
What is the difference between paediatric first aid and first aid?
The main difference is that paediatric first aid focuses on babies, children, and young people. It covers topics like child development, illnesses that children get, and injuries that are common in children. General first aid covers medical emergencies for all ages.
Are online first aid courses valid?
Yes, online first aid courses can be valid and useful if they are accredited and follow the right guidelines. Many respected organisations offer online first aid training that teaches both the theory and practical skills. It’s important the online course you choose is accepted by regulators or certification bodies.
How long does a paediatric first aid qualification last?
How long a paediatric first aid qualification lasts can vary, but it’s typically valid for three years. However, you usually need to do refresher courses or assessments to renew it periodically. This helps ensure your skills stay up-to-date with the latest techniques and guidelines for child first aid. Renewing your qualification keeps your skills current.