Gain the required skills
This 1-day Emergency First Aid at Work Training Course is ideal for businesses who have been identified as “lower risk”.
Additionally, this course covers emergency protocols & basic life-saving first aid.
Make an Individual Booking
- First Aid and the Law
- Dealing with an Unconscious Casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Choking, Shock, Wounds and Bleeding
- Dealing with Minor Injuries
- The Treatment of Burns and Scalds
- Serious Head Injuries
- Recognition of Epilepsy, Asthma and Diabetes
- Safe Use of an AED
- Written Assessment
Let us Help You
We’ll help you find the right course for your needs. Tell us a little bit about your situation and what you would like to achieve.
We’ll get back to you within one working day.
Sorry, no dates are available for this course yet - Please click here to contact us
We Can Help You Through Your Booking
EFAW Training FAQsContact Us
Where Do You Deliver The Emergency First Aid at Work Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands if you don't have access to a training room.
Who Is This Training For?
This training is for anyone working within a workplace that requires first aid cover.
How Many Delegates Can I Have On One Session?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however, for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands! Furthermore, we will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
Emergency First Aid at Work Training – Level 3 Award
This 1-day Emergency First Aid at Work Training (EFAW) Course is ideal for businesses who have been identified as “lower risk”.
This course covers emergency protocols & basic life-saving first aid.
This offers a cost-effective solution of meeting legal requirements while maintaining excellent quality.
For Online Emergency First Aid At Work training (EFAW Course), please visit this link.
This comprehensive one-day emergency first day at work, EFAW course provides the skills and knowledge necessary to provide emergency first aid assistance in the workplace.
Learn how to confidently assess situations, administer CPR and other lifesaving interventions, and handle a range of injuries and illnesses.
EFAW Course Objectives:
- Understand the legal responsibilities of a first aider.
- Recognise life-threatening conditions and administer appropriate care.
- Perform CPR and use an AED defibrillator.
- Treat wounds, control bleeding, and bandage injuries.
- Manage head injuries, burns, choking, shock, and more.
- Identify warning signs of common medical conditions.
- Become familiar with contents of a first aid kit.
EFAW Course Structure
Module 1: First Aid and the Law
- Understanding the Legal Framework: Explore the legal responsibilities and obligations related to providing first aid in the workplace.
- Duty of Care: Learn about the duty of care that employers have towards their employees’ health and safety.
- Compliance with Regulations: Gain insights into the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations and their implications for your workplace.
Module 2: Dealing with an Unconscious Casualty
- Assessing the Situation: Learn how to assess the condition of an unconscious casualty safely.
- Basic Life Support: Understand the steps for initiating basic life support, including checking for breathing and performing chest compressions.
- Recovery Position: Master the technique of placing an unconscious casualty in the recovery position to maintain their airway.
Module 3: Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- CPR Basics: Learn the principles of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Hands-Only CPR: Practice the technique of hands-only CPR for adults.
- CPR for Children and Infants: Understand the differences and nuances in performing CPR on children and infants.
Module 4: Choking, Shock, Wounds, and Bleeding
- Choking: Learn how to identify and provide first aid for a choking casualty.
- Shock Management: Understand the symptoms of shock and how to provide immediate first aid.
- Wound Care: Gain knowledge about wound assessment and appropriate dressing techniques.
- Control of Bleeding: Learn how to control bleeding effectively using pressure and dressings.
Module 5: Dealing with Minor Injuries
- Common Workplace Injuries: Identify and provide first aid for minor injuries such as cuts, bruises, and sprains.
- Use of First Aid Kits: Understand the contents of a first aid kit and how to utilise it for minor injuries.
- Infection Control: Learn the importance of infection control when providing first aid.
Module 6: The Treatment of Burns and Scalds
- Types of Burns: Recognise different degrees of burns and scalds.
- First Aid for Burns: Understand how to provide immediate first aid for burns, including cooling and covering the affected area.
Module 7: Serious Head Injuries
- Head Injury Assessment: Learn how to assess and respond to serious head injuries.
- Recognising Head Injuries: Understand the signs and symptoms of head injuries that require immediate attention.
Module 8: Recognition of Epilepsy, Asthma, and Diabetes
- Epilepsy: Recognise the signs of an epileptic seizure and provide appropriate assistance.
- Asthma: Understand asthma triggers and how to help someone experiencing an asthma attack.
- Diabetes: Learn about the symptoms and treatment of hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) in individuals with diabetes.
Module 9: Safe Use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- AED Basics: Understand how an AED works and its role in cardiac arrest situations.
- Safe Operation: Learn how to use an AED safely, following step-by-step instructions.
Module 10: Written Assessment
- Assessment Overview: Complete a written assessment to evaluate your understanding of the course material.
- Certification: Upon successful completion of the assessment, receive a certificate demonstrating your competence in emergency first aid at work.
EFAW Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this emergency first aid at work course, participants will be able to:
- Assess emergency situations safely.
- Administer CPR to adults, children and infants.
- Provide appropriate care for a non-breathing casualty.
- Control bleeding and dress wounds appropriately.
- Treat burns, scalds, and head injuries.
- Recognise common medical conditions and their warning signs.
- Follow protocols for incident documentation and reporting.
Who Should Attend:
This emergency first aid at work (EFAW) training course is suitable for:
- Workplace first aiders.
- Health and safety officers.
- Managers and supervisors responsible for employee well-being.
- Anyone interested in acquiring life-saving first aid skills.
EFAW Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is first aid training mandatory in the workplace in the UK?
- Yes, employers in the UK are required to provide adequate first aid provisions and training for their employees, as per the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981.
2. What does a first aid at work certificate in the UK entail?
- A first aid at work certificate signifies that an individual has successfully completed a recognised first aid training course and is competent to provide first aid in the workplace.
3. How often should first aid training be refreshed or renewed in the UK?
- It is recommended to refresh first aid training every three years to ensure that skills and knowledge remain up-to-date.
4. Are there specific first aid requirements for certain industries in the UK?
- Yes, some industries, such as construction and childcare, have additional first aid requirements, and employers should be aware of industry-specific regulations and guidance.