This dysphagia training course aims to raise awareness and knowledge of dysphagia and common swallowing problems.
The course will look at the common causes of swallowing difficulties and how to help reduce the risk of choking.
Dysphagia Training Course Summary
- Causes of dysphagia and common swallowing problems
- The anatomy of swallowing
- How to recognise when someone is having difficulty swallowing
- Reducing risk of choking
- Knowing when to escalate and refer to a specialist
- Privacy, dignity and respect
- Alternatives to oral feeding
On completion delegates will demonstrate a much improved awareness of the common causes of dysphagia.
They will be able to identify when signs of people are having difficulties swallowing and the correct actions to take.
They will understand their role and responsibilities when supporting clients suffering with dysphagia and swallowing difficulties.
Staff understand when to escalate and refer to a specialist.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.