Food Safety Level 3 Online Training
Our Level 3 Food Hygiene course meets managers’ needs, overseeing food handlers. Compliance with regulatory standards is crucial, including Regulation (EC) 852/2004, Food Safety Act 1990, and Food Hygiene Regulations 2005. Enroll to gain knowledge, ensure adherence to regulations, and promote a safe food environment. We provide professional training to uphold high food hygiene and safety standards.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by The CPD Accreditation Group
- 100% online, learn at your own time and pace
- Translates into over 100 different languages
- Instant certificate downloaded
Our Food Safety Level 3 course fulfills the legal requirement for food handlers to receive appropriate food safety training. It ensures that your staff understands food safety hazards, hygiene risks, and how to prevent and control them effectively. They will also learn how to develop and maintain an efficient HACCP system.
This course has been designed to ensure that you hold an adequate knowledge of Food Hygiene.
The main points covered are:
- Allergies and Intolerances
- Food Poisoning
- Food Safety Enforcement
- Temperature Control and Storage
- Personal and Workplace Hygiene
- Pest Control
- Waste Disposal
Course Outline: Food Safety Level 3
We have designed this course to ensure that you attain an advanced level of knowledge of food hygiene. The course covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Allergies and intolerances: This section will discuss the different types of allergies and intolerances, as well as the symptoms and management of these conditions.
- Food poisoning: This section will discuss the different types of food poisoning, the causes of food poisoning, and the symptoms and treatment of food poisoning.
- Legislation: This section will discuss the different food safety regulations that apply in the UK, as well as the role of the Food Standards Agency (FSA).
- Food safety enforcement: In this section, we will discuss how the UK enforces food safety regulations and the role of food safety inspectors.
- Microbiology: This section will discuss the different microorganisms that can contaminate food and the factors that can affect the growth of these microorganisms.
- Temperature control and storage: This section will discuss the importance of temperature control and storage in food hygiene, and the different methods of temperature control and storage.
- Personal and workplace hygiene: This section will discuss the importance of personal and workplace hygiene in food hygiene, and the different methods of personal and workplace hygiene.
- Pest control: This section will discuss the importance of pest control in food hygiene, and the different methods of pest control.
- Waste disposal: This section will discuss the importance of waste disposal in food hygiene, and the different methods of waste disposal.
We have designed the course to be challenging but rewarding. It will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to work in a food safety-critical role.
Who should take the Food Safety course?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to gain a comprehensive understanding of food hygiene. This includes food handlers, food safety managers, and anyone else who works in the food industry.
Top Food Safety Course Benefits:
- Enhanced Safety: Learn the best practices for safe food handling, reducing the risk of foodborne illnesses for consumers and your business.
- Legal Compliance: Understand food safety legislation, ensuring your operation complies with UK regulations and avoids potential fines or closures.
- Improved Reputation: Gain a reputation for serving safe and high-quality food, building trust with customers and stakeholders.
- Professional Development: Enhance your career prospects by obtaining a recognised qualification, opening doors to supervisory and management roles.
- Cost Savings: Reduce the risk of food wastage and legal penalties, leading to potential cost savings for your business.
What are the learning outcomes?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the different types of allergies and intolerances. See online course on allergen awareness.
- Identify the causes of food poisoning
- Apply food safety regulations in the UK
- Enforce food safety regulations
- Understand the principles of microbiology
- Control the temperature of food
- Store food safely
- Practice good personal and workplace hygiene
- Control pests
- Dispose of waste safely.
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered online, and it is self-paced. This means that you can study at your own pace, and you can access the course materials whenever you want.
The course consists of a series of modules, each of which covers a different topic. Each module includes a number of learning resources, such as:
- Video lectures
- Interactive exercises
This Food Safety Level 3 course prepares you for various careers in the food industry, including:
- Food safety inspector: Ensures businesses comply with food safety regulations. Avg. salary: £28,000/year.
- Safety and hygiene advisor: Provides guidance on food safety to organizations. Avg. salary: £32,000/year.
- Hygiene supervisor: Oversees food safety practices. Avg. salary: £26,000/year.
- Catering manager: Manages food operations in catering businesses. Avg. salary: £30,000/year.
- Food safety manager: Oversees food safety programs in large businesses. Avg. salary: £40,000/year.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Level 3 Food Hygiene?
Level 3 food hygiene is advanced training for managers and supervisors overseeing food handling. It covers proper food safety practices, risk assessment, and compliance with regulations. This certification enhances career prospects and ensures a safe food environment. Also, see the Food Level 2 online course.
This qualification covers topics such as food handling, storage, hygiene, contamination prevention, and legal requirements.
It equips individuals with the skills and expertise to maintain high standards of food safety, mitigate risks, and ensure compliance with regulations.
Obtaining a Level 3 food safety qualification demonstrates a higher level of competence and opens up opportunities for career advancement in the food industry.
How long does food safety level 3 online training take?
The duration of an online Food Safety Level 3 online training can vary depending on the individual’s learning pace.
Typically, the course can be completed within a timeframe of 8 to 12 hours, spread across multiple sessions, or completed at the learner’s own pace.
Our online food safety courses offer flexibility, allowing participants to study at their convenience and progress through the material as quickly or slowly as needed. It also provides the advantage of accessing the course materials from any location with an internet connection.
Do you need to refresh a Level 3 Food Safety certificate?
In the UK, it is generally recommended to refresh a Level 3 Food Safety online training certificate periodically to ensure ongoing compliance with food safety standards. The specific requirements for refreshing the certificate may vary depending on the nation within the UK (England, Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland) and any local regulations in place.
Typically, Level 3 Food Hygiene certificates are valid for a certain period, often three years. To maintain certification, individuals may need to undertake refresher training or recertification before their certificate expires.
Check out our Supervising Food Safety Online Course -Level 3 Award
Do I need Level 2 or Level 3 food hygiene?
To determine whether you need Level 2 or Level 3 food hygiene training, consider your specific job responsibilities.
Level 2 Food Safety training or also called Food Hygiene is suitable if you handle lower-risk foods or work under supervision, providing you with basic knowledge of food safety.
Level 3 training is more advanced and designed for supervisors and managers with greater responsibility. It covers a broader range of topics, including food safety management systems and risk assessment.
Consult with your employer or local authorities to ensure you meet the required training level for your role in the food industry.
What is a Level 3 food safety qualification?
- A Level 3 food safety qualification is a certificate that shows you have advanced knowledge and skills in food safety. It’s for people who work in roles where they need to understand and manage food safety practices, like supervisors and managers in the food industry.
How long does food safety Level 3 take to complete?
- If you’re taking an online course, you can study at your own pace. However, for face-to-face courses, it usually takes about 4 hours to complete the training.
How much is a Level 3 in food safety?
- The online Level 3 food safety course from Caring for Care is currently priced at £19.99 plus VAT. Prices for food safety courses may vary depending on the provider and the region.
What is HACCP, and how is it related to food safety?
- HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points. It’s a systematic approach to food safety that helps prevent, identify, and control potential hazards in the food production process. HACCP is closely related to food safety because it focuses on ensuring that food is safe to eat by systematically addressing risks and hazards at various stages of food handling and preparation. It’s an important tool in maintaining food safety standards. You can check our online HACCP course here and for special group training, talk to our course advisors – 01782 563333 .