QCF Diploma Child Care Level 3
Level 3 Diploma in Childcare provides the learner with the knowledge and skills to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain an understanding of the expected development of children aged 5 to 7 years. This qualification confirms competence and provides a ‘license to practice’ in the following work role:
Level 3 practitioner in day nursery or in nursery school Practitioner in reception classes in a primary school Level 3 practitioner in a pre-school Assistant in Children’s Centres
QCF Diploma Child Care Level 3 Summary
- Unit 1 – Understand supporting children’s development
- Unit 2 – Significance of attachment and how to promote it when working with young children.
- Unit 3 – Understand theoretical perspectives of young children’s development.
- Unit 4 – Support children to develop holistically.
- Unit 5 – Support the development to of early literacy and mathematics.
- Unit 6 – Support young children through transitions and significant events
- Unit 7 – Understand current early education curriculum requirements and the importance of promoting inclusive practice
- Unit 8 – Planning, leading and reflection on the delivery of the current early education curriculum
- Unit 9 – Provide learning experiences, environments and learning opportunities for young children
- Unit 10 – Understand modelling and promoting positive behaviour when working with young children
- Unit 11 – Understand supporting children with additional needs
- Unit 12 – Assessment techniques within the requirements of the early education curriculum
- Unit 13 – Understand the importance of continuing professional development for the Early Years Educator
- Unit 14 – Promote legal requirement of health and safety and welfare of young children
- Unit 15 – Understand the legal requirements on safeguarding young children in early years settings
- Unit 16 – Working cooperatively with key person, colleagues, parent/care and other professionals within the early years settings
- Unit 17 – Plan and implement care routines which promote health, wellbeing and healthy lifestyles
- Unit 18 – Maintain accurate records, paperwork and respond to accidents and emergency situations
- Unit 19 – Understand food and nutrition when working with young children
- Unit 20 – Provide play opportunities for young children in early years settings
This qualification has been developed to meet the criteria set by the Department for Education and National College for Teaching and Leadership Policy, Improving the quality and range of education and childcare from birth to 5 years, it is accredited by City & Guilds, is compliant with National Occupation Standards, and is approved by Skills for Care and Development.
Our assessment process is designed so that delegates are prepared for the challenges their occupation will involve. Delegates are appointed a vocationally trained NVQ assessor who helps assemble the portfolio and guides them for the duration of the diploma. Email and telephone support is also provided throughout the QCF Level 3 programme and the resources available will be provided as needed.
Caring For Care is an equal opportunities provider and a potential participant only needs to be employed in a vocational setting relevant to the occupational standards for Health and Social Care in order for them to be able to complete the qualification successfully. Age Ranges – learners must be aged 16 or over.
The course is completely flexible and we encourage students to learn at their own pace. The awarding body do stipulate that the course is completed within 36 months, but most students will successful finish the programme in around 12 months!
Upon completing this programme, graduates can move on to QCF NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for children and young people’s workforce early years, if they are in an appropriate management position. They could also undertake a range of specialist short courses to build upon their chosen pathway.
DURATIONThis course takes approximately 12 months to complete on average
CERTIFICATIONDelegate will be issued with a life-long qualification