Syringe Driver Awareness Training
This syringe driver awareness training course is aimed at registered nurses who want to upskill or refresh their knowledge around syringe drivers.
The aim is to teach delegates the theoretical and practical skills required to safely and effectively use syringe drivers.
The course will teach delegates the importance of ensuring the machine is set up correctly before adminstering any medication through them.
This training course is tailored around the McKinley T34, training can be arranged for alternative models if required – please let us know in advance.
Syringe Driver Awareness Training Course Summary
- Discuss past and present attitudes/experience around palliative care
- Holistic palliative care
- Discuss considerations and difficult conversations
- Advantages and disadvantages of using syringe driver
- Equipment required
- Documentation and Labelling syringes
- Monitoring patient checks
- Commonly used drugs
- Sites to use and avoid
- Use of drugs beyond licence
- Commonly used drugs
- Give a practical demonstration of how to set up a syringe pump
- Practical session setting up a McKinley T34 syringe pump – you will need to supply the unit if an alternative machine is required.
After this syringe driver awareness training course delegates will be able to give a clear definition of syringe drivers and their purposes.
They will be aware of the common medications adminstered via syringe drivers and the associated side effects.
Delegates will understand the importance of ensuring they have the machine set up correctly.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.