This tracheostomy training course aims to familiarise students with the reasons for tracheostomy and the care and management of a tracheostomy.
The course will ensure staff have sufficient knowledge to work with an individual with a tracheostomy safely and effectively.
A vital course for any staff who come into contact with service users who have a tracheostomy.
The course is theoretical and pratical, we will bring our own manikin and suction machine with us.
Tracheostomy Training Course Summary
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Infection control and prevention
- Different types of tracheostomy
- Indications for tracheostomy
- Complications of tracheostomy
- Changing dressings and keeping the area clean
- Fitting, managing and changing an inner cannula tube
- Suctioning a patient with a tracheostomy
- Communication and care of a patient with a tracheostomy tube
- Keeping accurate records
- Full tube change procedure
- Emergency tracheostomy management (resus) procedure and guidelines
- Practical session using mannequin & suction machine
We offer 3 versions of this tracheostomy training course
- Half day refresher
- Full day with simulation
- Full day with OSCE
Depending on which version of the course is chosen it will alter the price, max delegate count and the certificate issued on completion. For more information on which course is best suited to your business, get in contact today.
Where Do You Deliver The Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands and London.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates, we also offer open courses for individuals which can be booked below.
Who Is This Training For?
This training is for anyone working with individuals with enteral feeding tubes.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts 4 to 6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONThe certificate issued depends on which course is attended.