Catheterisation Online Training – CPD Approved
This catheterisation online training course is a great introduction to urinary catheterisation. Urinary catheterisation is a procedure used to drain the bladder and collect urine, through a flexible tube called a catheter.
Our online Catheterisation Course, designed for both RGN’s & Care Staff will cover both theoretical and practical elements. Course attendees will be familiar with reasons for catheterisation, the equipment selection and the processes involved by the end of the course.
- Developed by professionals
- 100% online, learn at your own time and pace
- Translates into over 100 different languages
- Instant certificate downloaded
Who is it for?
This training is suitable to all staff working within Adult Health and Social Care.
When will I get my certificate?
Once you have successfully passed our course you will be able to download and print your certificate immediately.
- Describe catheterisation
- Understand purpose of urinary catheterisation
- Understand the causes and types of incontinence
- Describe the different types of catheters
- Understand how a catheter is inserted
Course Content: Catheterisation Online Training
Module 1 – Understanding Catheterisation
- What is catheterisation?
- Reasons for catheter use
- Managing incontinence
- Improving comfort and dignity
Module 2 – Causes and Types of Incontinence
- Common causes of urinary incontinence
- Main types of incontinence (stress, urge, etc)
- Assessing patients for root causes
Module 3 – Catheter Types
- Differences between intermittent and indwelling catheters
- Materials like silicone, PVC, latex
- Sizes (pediatric, female, male)
- Specialty catheter features and uses
Module 4 – Catheter Insertion Procedures
- Infection control and sterile technique
- Gathering equipment and preparing patient
- Insertion steps for different types
- Inflating the balloon and connecting tubing
- Securing and positioning the catheter
Module 5 – Ongoing Catheter Care and Maintenance
- Routine hygiene and preventing infection
- Securing, emptying, and changing bags
- Catheter irrigation and drainage concerns
- Signs of problems including obstruction
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
What is Catheterisation Online Training, and who can benefit from it?
- Answer: Catheterisation Online Training is a comprehensive e-learning program designed to educate healthcare professionals and caregivers about the proper techniques and procedures for catheterisation.
- It is suitable for nurses, healthcare assistants, and anyone involved in urinary catheter care to enhance their knowledge and skills.
How long does the Catheterisation Online Training course typically take to complete?
- Answer: The course duration may vary depending on the program, but it’s typically designed to be completed in a few hours or over a few days. It allows learners to study at their own pace, ensuring a flexible and convenient learning experience.
Is the Catheterisation Online Training course accredited, and will I receive a certification upon completion?
- Answer: Yes, our Catheterisation Online Training course is often accredited by CPD. Upon successful completion of the course and passing any required assessments, you will receive a certification.
How do I access the Catheterisation Online Training course materials and resources?
- Answer: Accessing the course materials is easy. Once you enroll, you will receive login credentials to our online learning platform. From there, you can access all the course modules, instructional videos, quizzes, and any additional resources provided to support your learning journey.