My career spans over an 20-year period and in that time, I have always worked in Training and Development, primarily for disadvantaged families and the organisations that support them.
I have worked in a number of different subject areas; these include: Safeguarding, design, delivery and management of training packages, learning and development, building risk and resilience, early intervention, setting up services for families, commissioning services, writing, implementing and performance managing strategies, quality standards, engagement and participation, service development, consultation, parenting programme delivery and co-ordination, training and development and home visiting.
My work has led to 2 National Awards for Learning and Development, national recognition from the Family and Parenting Institute and I was the Subject Matter Expert for the National ATREMIS One Children’s Workforce Induction Programme in parenting. I was commended by Staffordshire Chamber of Commerce in 2017 under the Science, Technology an Innovation category and came runner up in the Sentinel Business Awards.
- Diploma to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS) specialising in parenting including education and personal development
- Sport Science 2:2
- Level 3 Leadership and Management
- Certificate in introductory counselling skills – Merit
National Academy for Parenting Practitioners
- Working with Parents (theory and practice) including child development
- Child Protection and Adult Safeguarding including: understanding the impact of traumatic abuse, domestic violence, disabled children and young people.
Work based qualifications:
- Optimising Team Performance
- Safeguarding children and adults – Facilitator delivering training endorsed by Staffordshire Safeguarding Board
- Developing and Managing a Team
- Commissioning Skills and services
- Understanding and supporting families who have been victims of domestic abuse
- Family Links one: one nurturing programme facilitator certificate
- Changes self-awareness facilitator certificate
- Leadership, Team and Culture
- National Parenting Academy City and Guilds Level 4 in Working with Parents (theory and practice)
- Child protection/Safeguarding level 3
- Essential Leadership and Management skills City and Guilds Level 3
- City and Guilds level 3 in working with parents (the theory and practice)
- City & Guilds 7307 Adult Teaching Certificate Stage 1 & 2
- Triple P Positive Parenting Group and one to one facilitation certificate
- Pacific institute STEPS to personal excellence teachers award
- Handling Children’s and Teenagers behaviour certificate
- Modern service delivery – SOT City Council accreditation
- Partnership Working
- Lone Woking in the Community
- Violence and Aggression in the Workplace