Gain the required skills
All care staff are targeted by this equality and diversity awareness training which intends to enhance their knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity, such as how to detect and prevent discrimination.
It is mandatory for anyone working in care and responsible for vulnerable individuals to take this course.
Make an Individual Booking
- Discuss what is Diversity, Equality, Inclusion and Discrimination.
- Discuss what is meant by the terms: Labelling, Stereotyping and Prejudice.
- Review what is Equality and Diversity in the workplace.
- Consider different types and forms of Discrimination and how to reduce the different types of Discrimination.
- Discuss Legislation related to Equality and Diversity.
- Review how you can promote Equality in the workplace
Let us Help You
We’ll help you find the right course for your needs. Tell us a little bit about your situation and what you would like to achieve.
We’ll get back to you within one working day.
Sorry, no dates are available for this course yet - Please click here to contact us
We Can Help You Through Your Booking
Training FAQsContact Us
Where Do You Deliver The Equality & Diversity Awareness Training?
We can deliver this equality and diversity awareness training at your premises, as long as it's within the UK. Also, we have our own venues in Stoke on Trent, London, Swindon, Epsom & York if you need access to a training room (additional charges will apply). In addition, we can also deliver this training virtually using Zoom. However, sessions delivered via Zoom will be theory only and will not include any practicals.
How long will the training last?
This training will last 2-3 hours. We give a range of time to account for variable factors such as; underlying knowledge and competence of delegates, class interaction and engagement and reduced delegate numbers. If a course finishes earlier than the allotted time, it will be due to one of these reasons. However, our trainer will ensure that all learning outcomes have been met.
Will attending this training make me competent?
In short, no. No classroom-based training course can give you full competency - be very wary of anyone claiming they can. Our classroom-based assessments are designed to bridge the gap between classroom learning and workplace competency. Furthermore, we will be sure to provide you with the relevant workbooks and competency proformas to be observed and signed off within the workplace according to your local policy.
Equality and Diversity Awareness
This equality and diversity awareness training is aimed at all care staff and aims to improve their knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity including how to identify discrimination and how to avoid it.
This course is mandatory for anyone working in care responsible for vulnerable individuals and suitable for employees in other industries. For e-learning training on equality and diversity awareness, visit this page.
- Course Duration: 2- 3 hours
- Course Level: Level 2
- Certificate: 1-year certificate
- Max Delegates: 12
- Practical: Yes
This course equips you with essential knowledge and skills to promote equality and diversity in your workplace and daily life. Explore core concepts and practical strategies to foster an inclusive and equitable environment.
In our Equality and Diversity Awareness Training, you’ll dive into the basics of equality and diversity. We’ll talk about why these things matter in society and the workplace, and what the law says about them. You’ll discover the benefits of having a diverse and inclusive environment and pick up practical ways to make it happen.
By the end of the course, you’ll be well-prepared to make a positive impact on diversity and equality in your community or workplace.
Module 1: Fundamentals of Diversity and Equality (30 minutes)
This module focuses on the fundamental concepts of diversity, equality, inclusion, and discrimination. We’ll provide you with a solid foundation to build upon throughout the course.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of diversity, equality, inclusion, and discrimination.
- Gain insights into why these principles are vital in today’s world and their impact on individuals and society.
Module 2: Labelling, Stereotyping, and Prejudice (30 minutes)
In Module 2, we delve into the meanings and implications of labelling, stereotyping, and prejudice. You’ll gain insights into how these biases influence perceptions, interactions, and decision-making. Discover ways to challenge and overcome these biases to promote inclusivity.
- Delve into the meanings and implications of labelling, stereotyping, and prejudice.
- Examine how these biases influence perceptions and behaviour.
Module 3: Equality and Diversity in the Workplace (30 minutes)
Recognise the significance of equality and diversity within professional settings in Module 3. Learn about the significance of equality and diversity within professional settings. We’ll equip you with the tools to create a more inclusive work environment.
- Review the significance of equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Understand how fostering an inclusive workplace benefits both employees and organisations.
Module 4: Addressing Types and Forms of Discrimination (30 minutes)
Module 4 dedicates itself to identifying various types and forms of discrimination, including direct, indirect, and systemic discrimination. Explore real-world scenarios and strategies to mitigate and reduce discrimination in different contexts.
- Identify various types and forms of discrimination, such as direct, indirect, and systemic discrimination.
- Learn strategies to mitigate and reduce discrimination in different contexts.
Module 5: Legislation Related to Equality and Diversity (30 minutes)
We will discuss the key UK legislation and regulations related to equality and diversity. Understand your legal responsibilities and obligations in various settings. Gain awareness of the legal framework that underpins these principles.
- Discuss key legislation and regulations in the UK related to equality and diversity.
- Understand legal responsibilities and obligations concerning equality and diversity.
Module 6: Promoting Equality in the Workplace (30 minutes)
Module 6 reviews effective methods for promoting equality within the workplace. Explore best practices, policies, and tools to create an inclusive work environment where all employees feel valued and have equal opportunities for growth.
- Review effective methods for promoting equality within your workplace.
- Explore best practices and tools for creating an inclusive work environment.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain what is Diversity, Equality, Inclusion and Discrimination.
- Identify what is meant by the terms: Labelling, Stereotyping and Prejudice.
- List what is Equality and Diversity in the workplace.
- Explain different types and forms of Discrimination and how to reduce the different types of Discrimination.
- List Legislation related to Equality and Diversity.
- Explain how you can promote Equality in the workplace.
Assessment and Certification:
- Each module includes quizzes and activities to reinforce learning.
- A final assessment will evaluate your understanding of the course material.
- Upon successful completion, you will receive a certification in Equality and Diversity Awareness.
Who Should Attend:
This course is suitable for employees, managers, HR professionals, and individuals committed to creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive environments.
Q: Who will conduct the training?
A: One of our expert clinical tutors. These are either Nurses or Doctors with abundant clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands! We will let you know who is doing the training in advance. You can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
Q: What equipment will you use for training?
A: We have a variety of different training equipment and tools available. The training will be relevant and transferable. However, if you have a specific requirement for a particular type of equipment, please make this clear during the booking process, and the team will ensure this is provided.
Alternatively, we can use your own equipment for training.
Other Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is equality & diversity training?
Equality and diversity training is a learning program that helps people understand and appreciate differences among individuals, such as race, gender, age, disability, and more. It aims to promote fairness, inclusivity, and equal opportunities for everyone in various settings like workplaces and communities.
What should equality and diversity training include?
Equality and diversity training should cover key topics like understanding different backgrounds and cultures, recognizing and preventing discrimination, knowing relevant laws and policies, and fostering an inclusive environment. It helps people develop the knowledge and skills to treat everyone with respect and fairness.
How do you demonstrate awareness of equality and diversity?
You can demonstrate awareness of equality and diversity by treating everyone with respect and fairness, regardless of their background. It involves being open-minded, avoiding stereotypes, and promoting inclusivity. It also means following laws and policies that protect people from discrimination.
What is equality and diversity training NHS?
Equality and diversity training in the NHS (National Health Service) focuses on ensuring that healthcare professionals and staff provide equitable and respectful care to all patients, regardless of their backgrounds. It covers understanding diverse patient needs, cultural sensitivity, and promoting equal access to healthcare services.
Why is equality and diversity training important?
Equality and diversity training matters because it stops unfairness and bias. It helps us all get along and respect each other, no matter where we’re from or what we’re like.
What topics should equality and diversity training cover?
Equality and diversity training should talk about lots of things like understanding different cultures, stopping unfair treatment, knowing the rules, and making sure everyone feels welcome.
How can I show I know about equality and diversity?
You can show you understand equality and diversity by treating everyone nicely and equally. You should also avoid believing stereotypes and be kind to others, following the rules that stop discrimination.
Do I have to do equality and diversity training at work or in some places?
Sometimes, yes. In some jobs or places, they might make you do equality and diversity training because they want everyone to be treated fairly. Other times, people choose to do it because it’s a good thing to do.