- Level 3
- 4-6 Hours
- 1 Year
Safeguarding Train the Trainer Refresher
Ensure your safeguarding trainer skills remain current with this 1-day refresher course. Ideal for those who qualified as safeguarding trainers over a year ago, this course will update your knowledge and enable you to continue training others confidently.
Gain the required skills
Our Safeguarding Train the Trainer Refresher course is designed to update and enhance the skills of professionals who have previously completed our Safeguarding Train the Trainer program. It's a comprehensive refresher that ensures you stay up-to-date with the latest developments in safeguarding practices.Make a Group Enquiry
Make an Individual Booking
- Introduction to Safeguarding Adults and Children
- The Role of the Designated Person
- Latest policies, legislation and guidance relating to safeguarding
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Training Requirements and Levels
- Adult training skills enhancement
- Tools for creating effective sessions
Let us Help You
We’ll help you find the right course for your needs. Tell us a little bit about your situation and what you would like to achieve.
We’ll get back to you within one working day.
Sorry, no dates are available for this course yet - Please click here to contact us
We Can Help You Through Your Booking
Safeguarding Refresher Training FAQsContact Us
Where do you deliver this training?
We can deliver this training at your premises, as long as it's within the UK. Also, we have our own venues in Stoke on Trent, London, Swindon, Epsom & York if you need access to a training room (additional charges will apply). We can also deliver this training virtually using Zoom. However, sessions delivered via Zoom will be theory only and will not include any practicals.
Will attending this training make me competent?
In short, no. No classroom-based training course can give you full competency - be very wary of anyone claiming they can. Our classroom-based assessments are designed to bridge the gap between classroom learning and workplace competency. We will be sure to provide you with the relevant workbooks and competency proformas to be observed and signed off within the workplace according to your local policy.
What equipment will you use for training?
We have a variety of different training equipment and tools available. The training will be relevant and transferable. However, if you have a specific requirement for a particular type of equipment, please make this clear during the booking process, and the team will ensure this is provided. Alternatively, we can use your own equipment for training.
Safeguarding Train the Trainer Refresher
Our Safeguarding Train the Trainer Refresher course is designed for individuals who have already qualified as safeguarding trainers and need to renew and update their skills.
Safeguarding policies, legislation, and best practices evolve over time. A refresher course enables existing safeguarding trainers to stay current on any changes, so they can continue training others confidently and effectively.
Refresher courses are recommended every 12 months after initial safeguarding trainer qualification to maintain expertise. Individuals will receive a certificate of completion to confirm they have fulfilled annual refresher education requirements.
For organisations reliant on in-house safeguarding training, having qualified trainers complete regular refresher courses is an essential part of due diligence and risk management. It develops confident trainers who can cascade current knowledge throughout the workforce.
Our Safeguarding Train the Trainer Refresher course is designed for experienced trainers who have previously completed our Safeguarding Train the Trainer program. This refresher course ensures that you remain updated on vital safeguarding principles and legislative changes while enhancing your skills as a safeguarding trainer.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for those who have already qualified as safeguarding trainers and are due for their annual refresher training.
- Refresh and deepen your understanding of safeguarding for both adults and children.
- Gain insights into the role of designated persons and their interactions with staff, volunteers, and external organizations.
- Explore the key legislations, including the Children’s Act 1989/2004 and The Care Act 2014, and their underpinning laws.
- Learn effective collaboration with safeguarding partnerships and boards.
- Understand safeguarding training requirements, including various levels for different roles and responsibilities.
Safeguarging Refresher Course Structure
Module 1: Introduction to Safeguarding Adults and Children
In this module, participants receive a comprehensive overview of safeguarding for adults and children. They gain a deeper understanding of how to effectively protect vulnerable individuals, ensuring their safety and well-being.
- Recap the fundamental principles of safeguarding for both adults and children.
- Explore the evolving nature of safeguarding practices.
Module 2: The Role of the Designated Person
Participants delve into the vital role of designated individuals in safeguarding. They explore the responsibilities and challenges these individuals face when coordinating with staff, volunteers, and external organizations. This module enhances their skills in facilitating efficient communication and collaboration.
- Understand the responsibilities and challenges faced by designated individuals.
- Learn strategies for effective communication and coordination with staff, volunteers, and external organisations.
Module-3: Latest Policies, Legislation, and Guidance Relating to Safeguarding
Participants stay current with the latest developments in safeguarding policies, legislation, and guidance. They acquire the knowledge needed to ensure compliance with evolving regulations and best practices, thereby enhancing the quality of their safeguarding training.
- Stay updated on the most recent policies, legislation, and guidance in the field of safeguarding.
- Discuss the implications and applications of the latest developments.
Module 4: Collaboration and Partnership
The significance of collaborative efforts in safeguarding is explored in this module. Participants discover how working effectively with safeguarding partnerships and boards can lead to improved outcomes. Through case studies and discussions, they learn how to promote multi-agency cooperation and best practices.
- Explore the importance of collaborative efforts with safeguarding partnerships and boards.
- Discuss case studies and best practices in multi-agency cooperation.
Module-5: Training Requirements and Levels
Participants gain clarity on the diverse training needs for different safeguarding roles. They understand the standards and expectations for safeguarding training. This module ensures they can provide tailored training to meet specific responsibilities, making their training sessions more effective.
- Clarify the various training needs for different roles within safeguarding.
- Discuss the standards and expectations for safeguarding training.
Module 6: Adult Training Skills Enhancement
Participants enhance their training skills tailored specifically for adult learners. They acquire techniques and strategies for engaging and educating adults effectively. This module equips them with the skills to deliver engaging and impactful safeguarding training sessions.
- Hone your training skills specifically for adult learners.
- Learn techniques for engaging and educating adults effectively.
Module-7: Tools for Creating Effective Sessions
In this module, participants discover practical tools and resources for developing engaging and impactful safeguarding training sessions. They explore innovative approaches and technologies to enhance their training delivery. This module provides them with the means to create highly effective training sessions that resonate with their audience.
- Discover practical tools and resources for developing engaging and impactful safeguarding training sessions.
- Explore innovative approaches and technologies to enhance your training delivery.
Safeguarding TTT Learning Outcomes:
In a 1-day intensive refresher program, participants will:
- Review the latest guidance, regulations, and standards relating to safeguarding.
- Learn about new policies, procedures, and emerging issues.
- Discuss how to update training curriculum and materials.
- Practice adult training skills like presentation techniques.
- Plan safeguarding training sessions using new information.
At the end of the course, participants will feel re-prepared to deliver high quality safeguarding training within their organisations that reflects the most up-to-date practices.
- Participants will complete a knowledge assessment and present a safeguarding training session.
- Successful completion leads to a Safeguarding Train the Trainer Refresher Certificate.
Who will conduct the training?
One of our expert safeguarding tutors. These are Safeguarding experts with abundant experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance. You can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
Why Choose Our Refresher Course:
- Stay updated on crucial safeguarding legislation and practices.
- Benefit from experienced trainers and peer discussions.
- Enhance your training delivery skills for impactful safeguarding education.
- Ensure compliance with changing safeguarding training requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How often should safeguarding training be refreshed?
Safeguarding training should be refreshed regularly.
It’s recommended to update your knowledge and skills every 1 years, depending on your role and the specific requirements of your organization.
Staying current helps ensure you’re well-prepared to protect vulnerable individuals.
2. How often should Level 3 safeguarding practitioners receive refresher training as a minimum?
Level 3 safeguarding practitioners should undergo refresher training at least every year.
This ensures they remain up-to-date with the latest safeguarding practices and legislation, allowing them to continue their crucial role in safeguarding vulnerable individuals effectively.
3. What is the training for a safeguarding trainer?
Safeguarding trainers undergo specialized training to become experts in teaching others about safeguarding.
They learn how to deliver effective training sessions, engage their audience, and stay current with safeguarding regulations.
This training equips them to educate others and promote the safety and well-being of vulnerable individuals.
Is safeguarding training annual refresher mandatory?
Whether safeguarding training is mandatory on an annual basis can vary. It depends on your role and the rules of your organization.
Some may require it each year to make sure you’re always updated on the latest safeguarding practices and rules.
But you should check with your organization to be sure about how often you need to do it.
As I have told others... It is the best, most informative training I have ever attended