Equality & Diversity Awareness
This equality and diversity awareness training is aimed at all care staff and aims to improve their knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity including how to identify discrimination and how to avoid it.
This course is mandatory for all anyone working in care responsible for vulnerable individuals.
Equality & Diversity Awareness Training Course Summary
- Define the terms equality and diversity
- The benefits and key concepts of diversity along with it’s principles
- The current legislative framework around equalities legislation
- Positive action and why it is an important recruitment tool
- The responsibilities regarding equality & diversity
- Equality Act 2010
- Differentiate between an individual’s rights and responsibilities in relation to equality and diversity
- Values and beliefs that underpin human diversity
- Prejudice and stereotyping resulting negative effects
- The factors upon which discrimination can be based and differentiate between direct and indirect discrimination
- Definitions and examples of harassment and victimisation
- Illustration of ways in which discrimination can be minimised and identify situations where it is acceptable
- Acts of law that serve to maintain equality and ensure the acceptability of human diversity
- Human rights depicted in the 1998 Human Rights Act
Where Do You Deliver The Equality & Diversity Awareness Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands and London. We are also able to deliver theory only sessions virtually using Zoom.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the Equality & Diversity Awareness training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates, we also offer open courses for individuals which can be booked below if available.
Who Is This Training For?
This training is for anyone working within the health and social care sector.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.