Palliative Care Training
This palliative care training course is aimed at staff who are working with service users who are close to the end of their lives.
The course will look at dignified death and teach the appropriate physical skills and practices.
The course will teach carers about the deterioration of human bodily functions and how to prepare and respond to the increased levels of care needed.
Palliative Care Training Course Summary
- Legislation & agreed ways of working
- Communication skills
- Factors affecting end of life care
- Importance of care planning in relation to end of life
- Skin care, mouth care & the importance of nutrition
- Simple ways to help alleviate pain by correct positioning and some of the common symptoms encountered
- The basics of loss and bereavement for the families and the patient
- Organisation and support available to individuals and key people in relation to end of life
- How to address sensitive issues including spiritual issues
- What they might see in the last 48hrs of life & support individuals through the process of dying
- Managing & dealing with their own feelings/staff support
Upon completion each delegate will have an increased awareness of their workplace requirements when working with service users close to the end of their lives.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.