Palliative Care Training
This palliative care training course is aimed at staff who are working with service users who are close to the end of their lives.
The course will look at dignified death and teach the appropriate physical skills and practices.
The course will teach carers about the deterioration of human bodily functions and how to prepare and respond to the increased levels of care needed.
Palliative Care Training Course Summary
- Legislation & agreed ways of working
- Communication skills
- Factors affecting end of life care
- Importance of care planning in relation to end of life
- Skin care, mouth care & the importance of nutrition
- Simple ways to help alleviate pain by correct positioning and some of the common symptoms encountered
- The basics of loss and bereavement for the families and the patient
- Organisation and support available to individuals and key people in relation to end of life
- How to address sensitive issues including spiritual issues
- What they might see in the last 48hrs of life & support individuals through the process of dying
- Managing & dealing with their own feelings/staff support
Where Do You Deliver The Palliative Care Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands if you don’t have access to a training room. We are also able to deliver theory only sessions virtually using Zoom.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates.
Who Is This Palliative Care Training For?
This training is for anyone working within the health and social care sector.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.